Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Operation Vs. Nexus

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

I have not been diagnosed with service connection for my back injury while in service. I have several (6) buddies that have written letters saying that they were with me through my recovery from the assault. I don't have a current diagnoses of Nexus to this back injury. I have re-opened the back claim from 1986 and further back with the BVA along with the other claims pending. Now, all of a sudden the VAMC wants to operated on my back. The only actual proof of Nexus are pictures through the years of my back deformation. There are pictures of years prior to service without the deformation. This seems a fishy to me. The BVA has not told me, as of yet, if my back claim is open or not. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Before I would consider letting the VAMC cut on my back, I would want to know exactly who is going to do the cutting and who is going to assist and how many operation of this type they have done successfully and how many resulted in complications that may have made things worse.

The VAMC doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to back injury repairs. Plus some VAMC's are training hospitals and you always cannot be sure if your being cut on by an experienced surgeon or an enturn in surgical rotation. The same may be said about others who are in the operation room at the time.

And above all, make sure that the procedure is or has been done before and that you are not the geni pig for some new procedure the VAMC wants to try, at your expense.

Jim S. B)