Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Looking For Anyone Of These People

Rate this question

Tammy

Question

Please contact Me my name is William Brinegar and I am desperatly searching for anyone that has been in the Army 2/42 F.A. located at McKee Barricks. In the town of Crailshiem West Germany. I was in a accident and I need to talk to anyone that was in the Army at that time so I can get some information reagariding getting the police report of the accident. Or if anyone knows how to speak Germany that might be able to help me get my file, there is nothing that I can find regarding the police report. The other man that was with me was also pinned in between the two 5 ton missle lauchers and I don't know his name and if someone could give me an idea of how to go about getting this information I would appreciate so much. My email in honey4bears@frontiernet.net or leave me a messae on here. I can't get the police report from anywhere and don't know where to begin. I also need to know if there is a place I can go to find out the name of the people there at that time so that Imight be able to contact them, just in case they don't come to this site. If thee away to find out who was in the 2/42 F.A. during that time period is there a place i can go to get that type of information. I was in a terrible accident or my husband was while in service and there was another man with me and I can not remember is name. The records of the accident don't show any officers information and the VA wants me to get the info and I dont' know how to speak German and the phone bill would be awful but who do i call if I did. Thank you all for your time in reading this.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Tammy,

Weren't you posting here about a year ago, concerning your husband getting caught up

between 2 missle launchers .

This is the post you just made - but it's been translated into German:

Treten Sie mit mir bitte in Verbindung, den mein Name William Brinegar ist und ich suche desperatly nach jedermann, das in der Armee 2/42 F.A. gelegen bei McKee Barricks gewesen ist. In der Stadt von Crailshiem die Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Ich war in einem Unfall und ich muß mit jedermann sprechen, das in der Armee zu dieser Zeit war, also kann ich etwas Informationen erhalten, die der Polizei Report des Unfalles erhalten reagariding sind. Oder wenn jedermann Deutschland sprechen kann, das sein konnte, mir zu helfen, meine Akte zu erhalten, gibt es nichts, das ich betreffend den Polizeireport finden kann. Der andere Mann, der mit mir war, wurde auch zwischen den zwei ein 5 Tonne missle lauchers und mir kennen nicht seinen Namen festgesteckt und wenn jemand mir eine Idee von, wie man geben könnte über das Erhalten dieser Informationen geht, die ich so sehr schätzen würde. Mein email in honey4bears@frontiernet.net oder verlassen mir messae an hier. Ich kann nicht der Polizei Report von nirgends erhalten und weiß nicht, wo man anfängt. Ich muß auch wissen, wenn es einen Platz gibt, den ich gehen kann, um den Namen der Leute zu dieser Zeit dort herauszufinden, damit Imight in der LageIST, mit ihnen in Verbindung zu treten, gerade falls sie nicht zu diesem Aufstellungsort kommen. Wenn das thee weg, zum herauszufinden wer im 2/42 F.A. während dieses Zeitabschnitts war, dort ein Platz ist, kann ich gehen, diese Art der Informationen zu erhalten. Ich war in einem schrecklichen Unfall, oder mein Ehemann war, während im Service und es einen anderen Mann mit mir gab und ich nicht mich erinnern kann bin Name. Die Aufzeichnungen des Unfalles stellen nicht dar, daß alle mögliche Offizierinformationen und das VA mich erhalten wünscht dem Info und ich nicht ' weiß, wie man Deutsches spricht und die Telefonrechnung schrecklich sein würde, aber, wem ich, benennen Sie, wenn ich. Danke aller während Ihrer Zeit, wenn Sie dieses lesen.I was able to do this by using this URL:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I hope this helps you and other vets.

carlie

Carlie,

Thank you so much for that website and yes I was on here about a year ago and my husband got caught in between two 5 ton trucks and sqeezed up pretty badly. I am am just so upset over how to get the information for eveything and how to work this site.

I did just recently got a new s/c disablity at 30% and and increase from 20% to 40% on his kidney the 30% was mental for chronic adjustment disorder. Thank you for your constructive critism in one of your post regarding my clarity...I will be writing a letter soon when I get the letter completed. Right now I am dealing with the Social Security and they denied my husband. This week we had to put our dog down after being a family member for nearly 17 yrs, he was a Malamute/German Shephard but he was a inside dog so he got to spend the cold days inside and the hot days in aircondioned house, but boy we miss him. We we just so blessed to have him that long but we knew it was time for him to go. although I just can't stop from thinking about him.

anyway I will write more later.

Thank you

Tammy

Hi:

Below is the address where all Military Police; MPI and CID Reports of Investigation are maintained. If your husband was in an accident and injured there will be a corresponding Military Police Report (MPR) with his information as a victim and possibly it might be retrieved as a witness. Have your husband fax the request to the Crime Records Center and they will respond in due course. You CANNOT ask for someone elses law enforcement record, only your own. Frankly it surprises me that the VA didnt think to obtain this information from the MP's on thier own since it would have all the identifiers, sworn statements an accident diagram and all the nice little things I hated to do when I was an MP. Try it they might have the best information in town and it sure beats having to pay for official translations of documents and such. Thanks.

The Freedom of Information Act is a federal statute. FOIA generally provides that any person has a right to request access to federal agency records, except to the extent the records are protected from disclosure by any of nine exemptions contained in the law or by one of three special law enforcement record exclusions. There are several point to keep in mind regarding the FOIA:

Your request must be made in writing and you must provide a "reasonable description" of the records you are seeking.

Agencies have 20 working days to provide an initial response.

Agencies and requesters are encouraged to work together to define the scope of the request and the timing of the response.

Agencies may establish "multi-track" response systems to facilitate the processing of simpler requests, rather than putting all requests in a single "queue."

Making a FOIA Request

These guidelines will help the U.S. Army Crime Records Center respond to your request.

FOIA requests must be made in writing. There are no special forms needed for making a request.

You can mail or fax - but not e-mail - your request.

Write "Freedom of Information Act Request" on the envelope or on the subject line of your fax.

Include a daytime telephone number in case we need to contact you.

Mailing Address:

Director, Crime Records Center

FOIA/PA Division

6010 6th Street

Fort Belvoir, Va. 22060-5585

Fax: 703-806-0462