Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Togus Maine Ro

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Hi to everyone, My claim was brokered to Togus for rateing on Jan 11th from Pittsburgh because of backlog there. I called Pittsburgh for status and still no dession made yet after over 90 day's. She the supervisor at Pitts. is calling Togus today to check on all the claims she sent there none has come yet. She even told me that's to long, she took my home phone# and said she will call me back today.Has anyone here had any dealing with Togus RO.

Thanks and have a good day. mrstix 25 years retired Air Force

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mr Stix:

Welcome to Hadit. You need to have a little patience sometimes it takes a day or so to get an answer for such a specific request. Where is Togus I have never heard about that one?

Good Luck on your claim.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Good Evening Mr. Stix:

*Pete53* Togus is in Augusta Maine...

I called my Brother in Law...he uses Togus for his S/C disability...he told me that the RO office up there is pretty swamp due to the claims coming in both from reserves and reg. military. Right now there is like 2500 cases pending...with about 350 going over 180 days...if your claim is for TP there are about 3500 of them still waiting to be rated...and about 600 appeals waiting to be adjucated...I think thre is going to be a wait no matter what RO office you use...are you using a VSO or an organization that is helping your claim...if so if an orgainization has your POA you could have your VSO local call them in Togus to see what is really up...you may want to go to the VBA Monday Morning Workload Reports to see how many claims each RO office is handling...there website is...

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/201/reports/mmrindex.htm

I hope I have not discouraged you...things will work out in God's time...and as it should...

but I know the wait at times is worse because of the not knowing...

God SPeed

MT

Thank you mountain tyme and pete53.

They seem to be pretty busy up there. Yes I do have a VSO and a POA, at the DVA at the Beaver County Court House here in Pa.I'll give him a call and read your reply to him. Might have been better off leaving it at Pittsburgh, but I guess that all the RO's are backlog at this time, with all that is going on.

Thank you all very much, god bless, mrstix

Good Afternoon Mr. Stix,

just a thought...if your VSO does not have access to the VA screens (to check the status of your claim)...there is a good chance that someone in the DVA will so he may have to call another VSO in the same organization to check on your status...even though you can call the VA 1-800# you may not be connected to a knowledgeable VA rep. (now I am not saying they don't know there job...but they can be new and besides the VA people on that 800# I believe actually have more knowledge on benifits then the working's of the claim system...maybe someday that will change...but for now they are doing the best job they can to help the most people..that is why your VSO should try and get the best information for you..that's just my thought on the matter).

also you VSO can send in an iris to check on your status as well...just take a deep breath things will work out...

take care

MT