Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

 Ask Your VA Claims Question  

 Read Current Posts 

  Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • 2024-001-donate.png

  • Additional 100% Disabled Veteran Benefits

       (0 reviews)



    If you reach 100% - Permanent and Total, more benefits are available to you. This is by no means an extensive list. Be sure to check your state benefits.


    • Dental treatment for 100% disabled veterans benefits.
    • Educational Assistance for Dependents: (under chapter 35) Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.
    • Civilian health and medical program for dependents/survivors (CHAMPVA). Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.
    • Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance: Decreasing term mortgage insurance up to $90,000 for veterans who have received a Specially Adaptive Housing grant and have an existing mortgage.
    • Waiver of cost of Service Disabled life Insurance: an additional $20,000 of life insurance at cost to the veteran. Veterans must have applied for insurance within two years of the initial disability rating or within two years of a new disability rating. An increase in a disability rating does not qualify as a new disability.
    • Commissary and Exchange privileges for veterans and dependents: The veteran must request a letter from the VA specifying the veteran is in receipt of 100% disability and then applies for a military ID card at the nearest ID card issuing facility.
    • Emergency treatment in non-VA facilities: if VA facilities are not available.
    • Annual Eye exams and prescribed eyewear

    Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Grant

    SAH grants help Veterans with certain service-connected disabilities live independently in a barrier-free environment. SAH grants can be used in one of the following ways:
    • Construct a specially adapted home on land to be acquired
    • Build a home on land already owned if it is suitable for specially adapted housing
    • Remodel an existing home if it can be made suitable for specially adapted housing
    • Apply the grant against the unpaid principal mortgage balance of an adapted home already acquired without the assistance of a VA grant

    Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) Grant

    SHA grants help Veterans with certain service-connected disabilities adapt or purchase a home to accommodate the disability. You can use SHA grants in one of the following ways:
    • Adapt an existing home the Veteran or a family member already owns in which the Veteran lives
    • Adapt a home the Veteran or family member intends to purchase in which the Veteran will live
    • Help a Veteran purchase a home already adopted in which the Veteran will live


    Suppose you are a service member or Veteran with a permanent and total service-connected disability. You may be entitled to a Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant or a Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant.

    User Feedback

    Create an account or sign in to leave a review

    You need to be a member in order to leave a review

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    There are no reviews to display.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use