VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well Skip The Other Post Need Info

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

;)

Well the big brown envelop came today. Service connection for bonchitis granted with no rateing they lumped it in with my sleep apena. Service connection for acuite Sinuitis granted but at 0 percent. The letter for increase rateing for sinuitis will go out tommorow. Anybody got any ideas can they lump the bronchitis in as part of the sleep apena? Took almost 3 years just to get them to say it was service connected for both items. They defered my claim for Asbestoes. BTW was treated agagin for sinuistis on 14 July 07 at VAMC.

Thanks in advaance

Jim

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Jim-I posted much here as to asbestos claims-

do you have that info as to the VA PIES Coordination list?

This is just for NAvy vets but lists MOS as to probability of exposure as high, possible, moderate etc-

That list can help any Navy vet- as the MOS that shows on your DD 214 might not cover the MOS in service that exposed you to asbestos.

Also it pays to google the ship and how much asbestos it had that could have put it put of commission.

These claims usually always need a strong medical link too as to the disability and the actual link to asbestos.

ANY vet or any civilian with mesotheliamo from asbestos should definitely join one of the many class action lawsuits:

http://www.asbestosnews.com/html/asbestos_lawsuits.html

Is there any way at all that your conditions can be found as secondary to the SC you already have or did your try that approach already?

Do you have any additional medical evidence that would show your conditions do meet a criteria higher than "0"?

Then again- it seems they are lumping it all together and hopefully someone with similiar type claim will advise there.

Edited by Berta

Bertha

Most of my hearing was on the asbestoes the VA has admited that my AFSC (Air Force) is on the list for probally exspousre. Sorry my spelling sucks this morning. They did piss me off about the bronchitis thou lumping in in as part of my sleep apena. Can they do that? Also my sinuitis as 0 percent what do you think of this letter I am sending them

Thanks,

Jim

Department Of Veterans Affairs

VA Regional Office

210 Franklin RD

Roanoke VA 24011

Dear Sir

Reference xxx/xxx

1, Consider this a claim for increase compensation for my service connected chronic sinusitis now rated at o percent. I received my decision from my DRO hearing from June 21 2007 and to a point I agree with that decision.

2, On July 14th 2007 I was treated for acute Sinusitis and put on antibiotic. That is the third time in less then 1 year that I have been treated for acute sinusitis and treated with antibiotics. Dr Denton has me taking two pills a day basically for life to try and control the sinus drainage.

V/R

James x xxxxxxx

VA Claim Number xxx-xx-xxxx

I dont have the expertise to understand the connection between the sleep apnea and bronchitis-that VA is making-

this case shows a little of how they apply the regs to rate sinusitis:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/files1/0703360.txt

How have they rated the sleep apnea and how did the VA associate the bronchitis to it and lump it all together?

I sure hope others chime in-

Here is a bronchitis claim with the rating criteria:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/files1/0705567.txt

I hope sleep apnea vets will respond here to your question.

• HadIt.com Elder

Both are considered respitory conditions involving the trachea and the lungs. I suspect assigning a seperate evaluation would be pyramiding.

Sinusitis, although it hinders one's breathing, is in the nose and sinuses, which is a different bodily etiology.

What disabilities did you claim that were the result of Asbestoes exposure? If it was some sort of lung disease, then I suspect it will also be lumped together with your other respitory conditions.

Vike 17

Vike 17

Thanks for takeing the time to answer my questions. I understand about the pyramiding. I Do not want to waste the VA times on pyramiding. I will contuine to fight on the Sinuitis thou. I clamned scaring on my lungs due to Asbestoes exspouse. That was foud when I took my gulf war regeister physical about 18 mounts after retering. Again Vike and Bertha thanks for trying to help me

Jim