VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30% Ptsd

Rate this topic

Guest terrysturgis

Guest terrysturgis

A brother Veteran I've been helping got his brown envelope today. I saw him sitting in front of the Post Office and he was in shock. He is extremely happy with the award as he thought he was going to get denied. He needs to send in dependent information that he has already turned in. I explained it is standard procedure as his dependent status can change by the time a claim is finished. I didn't get to talk to him much but he has not used any VA PTSD programs. He said it has been hard to bring up the memories from the Viet Nam days. I helped him with his stressor letter and the major point was the picture of the first two enemy he got with the M-60 so y'all can see he has a lot to deal with.

Also I would like to thank Hadit Board members as if I had not had access to the information you share everyday I would not have been able to help him as well as I did. I THANK YOU on his behalf!

We started the claim on June 1, 2005. I'm sure that the 30% is to low so any advice that can help him would be appreciated.

God Bless you all. Terry Sturgis

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
A brother Veteran I've been helping got his brown envelope today. I saw him sitting in front of the Post Office and he was in shock. He is extremely happy with the award as he thought he was going to get denied. He needs to send in dependent information that he has already turned in. I explained it is standard procedure as his dependent status can change by the time a claim is finished. I didn't get to talk to him much but he has not used any VA PTSD programs. He said it has been hard to bring up the memories from the Viet Nam days. I helped him with his stressor letter and the major point was the picture of the first two enemy he got with the M-60 so y'all can see he has a lot to deal with.

Also I would like to thank Hadit Board members as if I had not had access to the information you share everyday I would not have been able to help him as well as I did. I THANK YOU on his behalf!

We started the claim on June 1, 2005. I'm sure that the 30% is to low so any advice that can help him would be appreciated.

God Bless you all. Terry Sturgis

Congratulations Terry!! Thanks for helping your brother!!

• 4 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Terry

Good work! That 30% is the lever he can use to get 100%. He should just file an appeal, gather evidence, and keep fighting after he rests up a bit.

Guest terrysturgis

The old addage - You can lead a horse to water, etc. He is really happy with his 30%. I keep talking to him but pressuring him is not going to work. He was delighted for me when he heard I got TDIU P&T so he knows it can be done. When he started the stressor letter he asked his wife to help and could not get it done with her. He asked me to help of which I was pleased to help and as soon as we sat down to write the letter he got tears in his eyes. Long story short we got through the ordeal and sent a ton of evidence to the VA which helped him get the rating he deserved. Going through more of the process is not something he wants to deal with now. He survived 8 months in the boonies before he got an R&R, an M-60 operator and part time tunnel rat. The man deserves 100% ten times more than I do. I guess I should look at it like if he's happy, I'm happy. Thanks for your concern and support. Terry Sturgis