VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dh Applied For Smc Last Month, But!

Rate this topic

Thank you again for the support and advice. I'm getting that new form file now. :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't be mad, PR. The past few months have been extremely difficult around here, and I'm just starting to pick up the pieces. We went to bury DH's father in a national cemetery and ran into problems (Dad still doesn't have a plaque so that isn't settled yet), then during the same month two of DH's uncles died, then I had health issues. Plus during all this DH's mother is declining into severe dementia and we're trying to manage her long-distance.

I'm dealing with PTSD as well as DH's PTSD. Believe me, there are gaps of time when things don't get done.

Meanwhile, I don't think I made it clear that DH's claims for SMC-S & SMC-K have been submitted. I don't think the VA FM 21-526ez is really applicable. DH is just trying now to figure out how to respond to the request for more information regarding the SMC-K. That's what my other post is about.

Thanks again, and thanks for the reply PR. I don't blame you for being annoyed... I know it looks like I've been loafing.

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand that sometimes "life" gets in the way and I'm sorry for the above comments but at that moment it just hit me wrong. Again, I'm sorry, I should take my problems out on you!!

It really doesn't matter, as the VA will call him in for a C&P exam, anyway. The exam is simple. They ask some questions, do some bloodwork (testosterone level) and then they try to blame it on anything but them and their meds. They blamed mine on hypogonadism(sp) and denied me. My testosterone level was below normal. I appealed. Almost 10 yrs to the day later, I received a deposit in my acct for $10,000 and found it had finally been approved, retro 10 yrs. It was a sweet surprise!

pr

Thank you so much for your kind words, PR. I'm sorry, too, for not being here more to support the others with their questions and concerns. You were right to scold. I should at least have said why I wasn't here.

I'm glad to hear that they finally approved your claim, sorry that you had to appeal and wait so long! But at least they got it right at last!

:)