VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preneious Anmia

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is preneisous Anmia <ms   AO related?

I have it and been told by a VA Dr  that  because I have it is because  I am  (missing my intsric-factor) thats the part inside you around the esafugus,<ms)  that take in your B12 as you eat.

so I have to take the B-12 injections the rest of my life

and the only known medical reason a person would not have there'' instric-factor'' is  if they use to consume alcohol in high doses or have a form of Leukemia?

I don't drink alcohol 

so I was wondering if it could be AO Related.??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Is preneisous Anmia <ms   AO related?

I have it and been told by a VA Dr  that  because I have it is because  I am  (missing my intsric-factor) thats the part inside you around the esafugus,<ms)  that take in your B12 as you eat.

so I have to take the B-12 injections the rest of my life

and the only known medical reason a person would not have there'' instric-factor'' is  if they use to consume alcohol in high doses or have a form of Leukemia?

I don't drink alcohol 

so I was wondering if it could be AO Related.??

Buck,

According to the Mayo Clinic website, lack of intrinsic factor may be due to an autoimmune reaction or it may be inherited,  Has anyone in your family had this same condition?   Hopefully, you do not have leukemia but if you do have a B-cell leukemia, it would definitely be AO related.  

Let us know if you find out what is causing you to have a lack of intrinsic factor.  Take care of yourself.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

no GP no one eles in my family moms or dads side never had that, I got it after about 5 years back from Nam.

& how you been?  long time no post?

Buck

My doctor calls it pernicious anemia.  I have it but probably for another reason-notwithstanding that I have two AI diseases. I have Porphyria Cutanea Tarda-yep- that one like chloracne where you had to manifest it within a year of departing the leechpit. I get a 1-pint phlebotomy every month. After about eight months I'm almost bingo for RBCs and take a 3-4 month vacation to reload. It's like LSD when I bend over.  Whole Lottsaspotz before my eyes.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had an Aunt on my wifes side that worked in the cash office of wal-mart and she started seeing spots before her eyes  and told the co workers somethings wrong I'm seeing spots....about 3 minutes later she fell out of her chair dead....anurizisuim   in her brain broke.

she never had any eyes problems before perfectly healthy  other than she was a smoker  this just happen all of a sudden.

we just never know when its our time to go.

..............Buck