VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI C&P

Rate this question

russ209

Question

Hello all name is Russ A little background about myself I served six years as an 11B in the ARMY I was in Ramadi and Fallujah in 04-05. I have been Service connected for PTSD at 70% and tinnitus at 10% since 10 August 2007. I have been working as a police officer for the last two years. I just recently had a C&P exam for TBI. A little background on my tbi. I was hit by a number of IED's in ramadi the worst was two in a 24 hour period as a gunner. The first one knocked me out, I woke up in the aid station. So the post deployment health check up deal at Ft. Carson I was told I have TBI. When I put my original claim in back in 07 I did not put TBI. Jump to 2010, I ask my primary to refer me to the polytrauma clinic at livermore hospital. I get referred and go through all of the tests. The last thing I hear is that PNS team is going to review their findings and come up with a care plan. I never heard back from them. I did not actively pursue it either I was in a dark place at the time. So September 8th I meet with my psychiatrist and she looks through my records and the poly team determined that I have TBI. At the C&P appointment the Dr. Says that I have TBI and have had it since 2005 and that VA let me fall through the cracks and he would put that in his report. So I feel that I will get sc for TBI. Am I wrong for being hopeful? Stay safe Russ

5 answers to this question

I had to go directly to records at the VA hospital, my attorney requested it under ....release of information..... and 3 months later they still wouldn't send it to him.  If you look on E-Benefits, there is no completion date for it. This a claim that has been ongoing since march 2011.  Almost all the claims that were turned down by the RO were remanded back  after it went to the BVA??.  My original C&Ps were all given by unqualified staff.  It was when the fraud was  on the local news that my claim was immediately returned.  I was then sent to an outside contractor for my C&P and he mentioned all the declined claims in his evaluation. I was told when I called the VA to inquire about the status that I am to have 5 more C&P again, and my claims have been moved from administrative review to gather of evidence once again. My file was moved from the RO in Milwaukee to temporary at the RO in St. Paul   I am on the remand merry go round like so many mention.  I hope this helps

Edited by wes1