Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Routine re-examinations

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I went in for a routine re-exam (Continuance of TDIU) 9 months ago and never heard nor received any results. Isn't it their procedure to inform us the results?

Also, is there a limited number of exams before the disability would be considered static?

Coot 

4 answers to this question

Yes, you should have received a decision regarding the exam. This type of rating decision is simple and the VA is on top of them. I would call the 800 number and ask them to resend the letter. The decision must have been finalized by now.

Thank you Kgosi for your input. So far my comp pay hasn't changed so hopefully nothing has changed on my rating.

First thing would be to get a copy of your exam.  Then see what it says, and base your next move on the exam.  

If the exam is favorable, then you probably dont need to do anything.

However, if the exam is unfavorable, brace for a possible reduction, especially if you went back to work.  

5 years is the standard.  If you dont have improvement in 5 years, generally, your condition is static.  

Well hello there Mr broncovet! Been a good while since we communicated. Hope life has been treating you pretty fair these days.

First of all, I wanted to thank you for answering the "static situation", seems I've checked every place I can think of to get that answer! That re-exam 9 months ago was indeed a 5 yr mark which brings up another question, are they suppose to inform us if it was considered "static" or are we on our own on that one?

Regarding the DBQ the examiner wrote on the exam seemed actually to my favor. I found it on healthevet.

Coot