VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam for depression

Rate this question

navycoms

Question

I just had my C&P with LHI for anxiety and depression but the Dr said he thinks i have PTSD, Dysthymia, Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety. My question is if i didn't claim those disabilities do i need to resend a claim for those disabilities?

No, because you will only be rated on your most sever MH DX like PTSD and MDD.  However those issues will increase the severity of your MDD and that will bring you into a higher rating bracket.  So without knowing what you deal with, you may be looking at a 50% rating for PTSD, or MDD.

navycoms,

I forgot to mention this all important alert memo....just because the law says the VA must rate you based on your highest level bracket symptoms...it don't mean they will.  More often than not, the VA lowballs Vets on their ratings...if they don't outright deny your claim...which they do 85% of the time.

Semper Fi.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:41 AM, Andyman73 said:

navycoms,

I forgot to mention this all important alert memo....just because the law says the VA must rate you based on your highest level bracket symptoms...it don't mean they will.  More often than not, the VA lowballs Vets on their ratings...if they don't outright deny your claim...which they do 85% of the time.

Semper Fi.

Hello Andyman73,

If someone has 4 out of the 7 symptoms for 100% PTSD, is it possible that the VA can STILL low ball? Even if the veteran has a nexus or in-service connection.

1 hour ago, Osccore9 said:

Hello Andyman73,

If someone has 4 out of the 7 symptoms for 100% PTSD, is it possible that the VA can STILL low ball? Even if the veteran has a nexus or in-service connection.

Lowballing is pretty much SOP for a jackass ratings officer. They are easy to train and replace, why do you think so many of us are fighting it out in the trenches still? If you alone can look at the findings in your Letter, and KNOW you have the criteria met, take your letter to a VA accredited Lawyer.

I put my initial claim in for anxiety and I am rated for bipolar 2 and they also diagnosed me with agoraphobia with severe panic attacks.  I never asked for a mh increase because I am already at 100% IU PT but I have applied for housebound at the advice of my vso, in the hopes that it will help my husband gain caregiver when it opens up to pre 9/11 veterans.