VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA email recieved today

Rate this question

papahotel58

Question

I was notified by my DAV rep back on July 5, 2016 that a decision had been made on my claim on June 16, 2016 and was pending final review and authorization,

I haven't hear a word from the VA or seen any changes in ebenifits so I email IRIS/VA for a update since no one at the call center knew any thing and the stories changed each time I called.

Below is their response.

If you wish to reopen this issue, you may do so within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response By Email (Department of Veterans Affairs) (08/29/2016 11:38 AM)

Thank you for your inquiry to the Department of Veteran Affairs.

The Rating Decision has been completed as of 8/19/2016.

A Notification letter will be mailed in the near future to inform you of the rating decision and when to expect your first payment.

Now I'm confused, I thought a decision had been made back on June 16th? maybe there were errors and a new decision had to be made?

So my question is its been over 80 days since I was informed of a decision and now another decisions has been made will I have to sit through the approval process all over again ?

or does this sound like I'm finally going to get that big beautiful yellow envelope?

thank you all for being here to help. 

4 answers to this question

Of more importance right now, where is your Retro?

Comp and Retro $$ are same-same, for IU or 100% Scheduler. I trust your Direct Deposit Bank Account is set up to notify you by Txt & Email on a real time basis, of all Financial Transactions, right.

As of 2016, I've found E-Ben to really be on the Stick, in regards to Comp award updates. A 12/15 Award posted 1/3/16 to E-Ben, followed 2 wks later by a Retro Deposit. The actual VA Award Letter didn't arrive till end of 04/16.

If your Retro's over about $25K, addition Approval from Rating Dept MFIC is required, could add significant time.

As soon as you see the IU Letter on your E-Ben site, use it tofile for your State's DAV 100% or IU Property Tax Exemption, if available.

Semper Fi

Haven't see  any Retro pay yet but IU was back dated to July 11 2015 to March 8, 2016 per the DAV than I became 100% scheduler after that date.

I'm thinking its gonna be in the 15k range I was 90% prior to this decision.

I have direct deposit set up to send an alert for any deposits.

I plan to file for the property Tax and life insurance once I get the official word.

Just seems to be dragging along, I live in NC and was told that my Claim was now in Baltimore under final review, its been close to 80 days since a decision was made on June 16,2016 now a new decision was made on Aug 19,2016, fearing I'm going to be stuck on a ferris wheel to nowhere fast.

You can also use your E-Ben Award Letter to get your 100 DAV DOD card for Commissary and State Waiver of Auto Registration charge. In MI, DAV plate is good for 4 yrs.

Semper Fi