VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc letter

Rate this question

Guest Dmncleaner

Question

Guest Dmncleaner

If my iu claim appeal was denied and i am just tired of fighting and dealing with the va, can i tell my lawyer i am done? If they want to appeal am i obligated to do so or can i give up? Thanks in advance

Edited by Dmncleaner

Guest Dmncleaner

Thanks broncovet. The effective date is nov.18. I just dont know if they are going to start it in january or if its a 4 month wait. Only time will tell i guess.

Guest Dmncleaner

Thanks broncovet. The effective date is nov.18. I just dont know if they are going to start it in january or if its a 4 month wait. Only time will tell i guess.

Hold On here folks...I think you might want to give the TDIU another thought. If indeed you were unemployable before nov.16 you might also be waiving rights to an better effective date and the retro from that effective date... JMHO..

Guest Dmncleaner

The soc letter stated that my iu was denied but i am now increased to 100%. I dont want to appeal. I am so tired of the appointments and the 2 hour bus rides to the va. The puppy dog tell me whats wrong stories to people who dont care.

Give yourself a few days to Really think if you want to do this...Wait on the award letter, read and understand what it's actually saying then make up your mind...IMHO with only what you have stated the hard part has been accomplished by va awarding the 100% for ptsd..Now again if you indeed was 70% for any mental health disabilities and at the same time were unemployable due to the service connected disabilities why wouldn't you pursue the TDIU? Again by not doing this you MAYBE giving up a shot load of retro dollars....AGAIN JMHO..Good luck.