VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Remand

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I have two appeals that were remanded back to the RO twice. This last time it was in Oct 2016, a friend of mi ex was Remanded in Dec 2016, I had a C&P in Dec which was favorable to my claim, my friend had a C&P in Feb but not a favorable exam, March my friend got decision of continual denial with instruction to appeal, I have gotten no decision. Check the status was told that there was a backlog at my RO and they are working it in the order they received the appeals back from the board. Both me and my friend appeal was remanded back to the same RO. I guess if you have a favorable C&P they are in no rush to work your remand but if you don't get a favorable C&P you get a quick decision. I wonder why the VLJ request that remands be completed in an expeditious manner according to law when it's clearly not. 

Can anyone relate to this? Do anyone know what's the current timeframes are on remands on a average?

I understand, I have two remanded appeals that have been remanded twice.  The first time they were remanded was in July 2014 and the RO contact and got more information and they sent it back to the board without making a decision. Then a VLJ at the hoard sent it back to the RO for development in Oct 2016. I guess in 2014 the VLJ had expected RO to request a C&P exam but they didn't so I figure that's why it was sent back in 2016. The original claim of one of the appeals was in 2004, 13 years ago.

nfloyd my buddy got his remanded but C&P wasn't favorable and he got a decision  from RO quick even though his was remanded after mine and it was his first. I guess it's easy to decide on the unfavorable C&P than favorable ones. 

I got a call a couple of weeks ago telling me they were pulling my Remand to be work for a decision. However I haven't seen anything on ebenefits as to a movement in status. I guess it's a wait and see thing at this point. 

How often is claim statuses updated on ebenefits?

• HadIt.com Elder

This maybe a favorable on your part   like you said  just be wait and see at this point.

e benefits is un reliable as for as when they up-date things . but they do try to do maintance  in the weee hours or on weekends

Hang in there  at least their working your remand!