Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Form 21-526b Vs 21-526EZ

Rate this question

cd928

Question

Hi All,

I'm filing a claim for increased evaluation of an existing service connected disability, plus new disabilities that are secondary to my existing service connected disability. VA form 21-526b (VETERAN'S SUPPLEMENTAL CLAIM FOR COMPENSATION) looks perfect for this. However, I see a lot of conflicting information about this form.  Some sources seem to indicate that it is correct for this purpose.  I have seen other posts claim that the form is obsolete and should not be used. The form itself has not been updated since 2014.  Filling out the form is pretty self explanatory but I can not find supplementary instructions for the form that would help answer when and If it can be used.  

My other option would be to use a 21-526EZ.  If I used this form, it's harder to for the VA to know exactly what I'm asking for.  I'm thinking I would have to submit a 21-4138 with it that explains that I'm seeking increased compensation, etc. 

As far as efficiency, I've seen conflicting opinions on this also.  Some have said that using a 21-526b will speed my claim since it's simpler for the VA to evaluate than a whole new 21-526EZ.  Others have said that it will be much slower since it cannot be considered a fully developed claim when using a 526b.  

All advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

-C

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Like I found out just like you I played the game I opened a 21-526EZ with the paper version to specify the disabilites such as P and T.