VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Eval Part 2

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

as if it isnt stressful enough having to relive every detail of the trauma, she tells me today that we didnt make it thru all the questions and need to come back for a 3rd part. thats ok, im a big girl.....i can deal with it. but nothing prepared me for the emotional strain it put on me detailing every second of the act 20 yrs ago. i was so overwhelmed when i left that i threw up. she asked me to bring in my discharge papers this time and so i did. i asked her after the appt how it was looking for me on my claim. she sd that even if the report of this is "missing" now, that everything documented in my other records clearly shows the pattern of a trauma taking place. i was an SP and in the course of a year, i was indef disqualified from carrying a weapon, gained about 30 lbs, ordered into an alcohol rehab program (i swear i do not remember that part but its clearly documented!!) which i did not successfully complete and was stripped of my badge and demoted to a dorm manager. all that and still got out with an honorable discharge. i went from having exemplary reviews to being the biggest pc of shit on paper u have ever seen. and as i am thinking over all this in the eval, she is telling me that the military is great for covering up stuff like this, especially when ur a cop reporting another cop. thank god i had a great E5 who demanded i report it to AFOSI. but, of course, it was concluded no rape since i was drinking. and it has been a downward spiral over the next 20 yrs. i am so disgustingly angry with the AF and that ass who raped me for taking away my career, life and dignity! i am so angry for everything that i have had to live with over all this time! i was made out to be the one at fault. i asked for it! i shouldnt have been drinking and since i reported it, i lost everything that was important to me. why couldnt i have been angry like this 20 yrs ago? maybe i would still have my career. i just want this to be over with and put behind me. but i also want the AF to pay for what has happened!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am no expert on getting a change. I used to think I would try it as the Army knew what was wrong with me and a shrink recommended that I be sent home. They never did anything nor told me anything.

I looked into it enough to know that you have to porepare an excellant case to even get a hearing.

Good Luck

I am no expert on getting a change. I used to think I would try it as the Army knew what was wrong with me and a shrink recommended that I be sent home. They never did anything nor told me anything.

I looked into it enough to know that you have to porepare an excellant case to even get a hearing.

Good Luck

oh, i know!!!! ive been researching the board readings to find cases similar to mine. omg! there r so many tossed out for insufficient evidence. and dont even get me started on the frivolous ones for petty things like "change SPD code so airman doesnt have to pay back bonus," geez, r these folks serious? that is their gripe? i guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round. thats why i think i will just hire an atty and go from there. i'll start compiling evidence now and wait for the c&p w/ the va then carry forward.