VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Tbi And Ptsd Today

Rate this question

zollie

Question

Had two C&P exams today the first for TBI. The exam started with the A_hole neurologist trying to tell me I probably dont have a TBI because it is not in my SMR. (even though i am diangnosed from the VA, built a nexus to the event, and am seeing a behavioral neurologist regulary at the VA who reccommended i apply for benefits.) After him telling me that we went through about a 35-45 minute evaluation and before i left he vaguely referenced that i may have a phych disorder and not tbi.

Now i am already service connect at %30 for adjustment disorder (I claim PTSD) so i know i have a physch disorder what does this have to do with my TBI.

After that i had a C&P for a re-evaluation of my ptsd based on a notice of disagreement and a request for IU I made in february. Dissapointingly enough it was with the same doctor as before who did not do a thourough or honest eval of my condition and this time only took 25 minutes for the exam. (which my pregnant wife had to drive me to 2 hours at 5 am because i cant drive anymore due to panic attacks.

Any thoughts about why these evals were so short would be appreciated and if it is common to be re-evaluated by the same C&P examiner. I also got approved for ssdi on my first attempt based only on VA evidence so it is very stressful to deal with the vagueness and unhelpfulness of the VA.

thanks guys

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

What is your SSA award for?

TBI is rated as to residuals.

Does VA know of the SSA award?

If it is solely for claimed SC conditions-it is excellent evidence for unemployability.