VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requested A Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

What does this mean, and is this normal

Based on the information on your C&P exam: we cannot grant you the medical records you requested. Your C&P exam includes psychological testing and evaluations thus: 38 U.S.C. Sec 1552 Sec 1.522 applies: When disclosure of information from the files, records and will be prejudicial to the mental health or physical health of the claimant, beneficiary, or other person in whose behalf information is sought, the decision to release will be made by the Cheif Medical Director: Chief of Staff of a hospital: or Director of a outpatient clinic. Therefore we suggest that you submit your request to the doctor of Clinic that provided the exam.

Facts: The C&P Doctor was through MES, can get a copy that way

Can't get a copy through out patient clinic, they don't have access to MES reports

I know its in File, I have been able to verify that,

I trying to get an official copy for my records from the VA

Any comments, remarks, suggestion will be appreciated

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

No one responded, so I got a answer from another Forum, my File was in the process of going into the rater. If they would of pulled it to get me an official copy it would of taken it out of the rotation.

This was the best way for the VA to handle my FOIA. I verified that this information has been sent to rater as of this AM. My OCD skills and coping have been terrible. Thank you for positive, negative and no responses, all three have been helpful. You have put up with someone that is stretch to the end.

Thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder

If you still want copies after your claim is finished you can request that they be sent to your Doctor.What they were telling you is that they will not give the record to you cause it could cause you problems. Its a bogus deal but that is how the VA rolls.

Thanks Pete, your one of my biggest helpers.

So your saying they assume, the comments on the C&P might cause more stress to my mental health

Edited by sgmdae