VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clonidine

Rate this topic

Let's call it a bad joke.

My intention is simply to blow off steam by hunting wild pigs.

You have to go hunting with a dependable weapon because a wounded hog might charge.

A dirty gun is not a good hunting partner.

The second shot had better fire because nobody goes boar hunting with a funny looking club.

I don't hurt people or threaten anyone with a firearm unless somebody points one at me or my family.

One of my kids has a husband that knows how to bait an area with cheap corn and the hogs are considered a nuisance, not game animals.

No season or limit on wild hogs.

Ham is ham and bacon is still bacon, I like pork chops.

Except for the dental clinic I'm done with the VA jerks.

The gal behind the glass at the travel pay window gave me attitude about the fact that 'I have a choice' and would not be getting travel pay because 'I have a choice'.

Well, when I began my quest to get better I had 'no other choice' than the place that is kicking me out.

AND, this is not the first time a non-doctor at a VA medical facility has made medical decisions that affect my mental and/or physical state, this time it's both.

I'm gone.

sledge

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Except for the dental clinic I'm done with the VA jerks.

The gal behind the glass at the travel pay window gave me attitude about the fact that 'I have a choice' and would not be getting travel pay because 'I have a choice'.

It's pretty common to deal with jerks at the VA travel window. My choice is for them to do their job without any attitude. I also notice they finish doing whatever they are doing and then ask you to hold on. They wander around in their little locked office, behind the bulletproof glass, and then walk in slow motion back to their chair. There is no 'good morning' or 'how are you?' asked. They just say "let me see your ID." After receiving my paper, I walk to the cashier and wait for my $8 and change.

• HadIt.com Elder
Let's call it a bad joke.

My intention is simply to blow off steam by hunting wild pigs.

sledge

Yes Sledge, it was taken as a joke. As a fellow vet, I can appreciate your humor. and sometimes feel like a wounded wild hog, myself. I usually go ice fishing in Wisconsin, in late February. Most of the group are outdoors enthusiasts, and cook all kinds of mystery meat out on the ice. I have tried all kinds of unusual wildlife, from bear to moose, however I have never tried wild hog, Do wild hogs taste gamey? Keep your powder dry.

post-4811-1260491130_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

Best of luck, Sledge. The crap that comes with trying/needing to quit smoking feels enough to push me over the edge sometimes. No great words of wisdom though, sorry. Take care now, shoot me a couple hogs, will ya.

" I have tried all kinds of unusual wildlife, from bear to moose, however I have never tried wild hog, Do wild hogs taste gamey? Keep your powder dry."

I can't really answer that question.

My in-laws eat the wild variety often and have served it to us.

However, I have heard rumors that the female hog tastes better than a male.

That is supposed to be a hormone thing.

Wild hogs travel in fairly big groups.

If you can pick your shot, go for a sow.

sledge

Last week,

The management has decided that I should be on their list of drug seekers and restrict my medications, which is happening.

My doctor does not agree with management in this case and has agreed to write prescriptions that I can get filled outside of the VA.

Management has also decided that I should not be seen where I think I can trust somebody.

I'm not talking about a hangnail or bad ankles.

I'm disabled by PTSD.

I'm supposed to start all over again at another facility with a bunch of strangers.

This move is calculated to benefit the new facility, not me, and they have told me that 3 times.

You have lost the travel pay, go away.

The new place does not even have a travel pay office.

I'm going to go back to 'screw the VA' because I am not welcome there anymore, as if I ever was welcome there.

When the meds run out I'll be sleep deprived and psychotic again.

I think I need to clean my guns.

sledge

Hey Sledge, Nice joke about the guns!!! If there is one thing I know about a PTSD vet, if he really wanted to do something there ain't no way he would tell anyone, he'd just go and do it!

My husband is 100% SC'ed PTSD. They tried to pull this crap with him too. I went straight to the director and put him in his place. As long as you have an appointment arranged by a VA doc at that facility you are entiltled to travel pay if your eligible (i.e live far enough away) we live in NM and travel to Tucson, AZ five hours away because they have the best Heart Docs in the country and the Cardio he had locally was full of it, I basically told them he had the right to a second opinion and the right to choose that second opinion so we use two facilties who check up on each others work. They pay travel for around 500 miles and accomodations as well. They gave him crap one time and up to the director I went, never had another problem with it.

They would not listen to my husband though, because he has PTSD they just chalked his opinion up to the PTSD. If you can get a family member to go with you, especially one that is not impressed by how the VA facility is treating you. If they try to pull this crap again, don't hesitate to go to the directors office with them and sit there all day if you have too. Let them tell the director what is going on.... Quote the patient rights and the Va Mission Statement (they are posted throughout the facility) works every time.

Good luck with this, you earnt it.

Once a doctor wouldn't explain some test results to my husband stating he wasn't there to interpret the tests for him just to make the diagnoses, he then told my husband he shouldn't complain about the VA because it was free, well my husband went balistic and they tried locking him up in pysch ward, but I told the to go **** themselves and went to the director and told him what the doc had said and explained that my husband might not have paid with money for VA care but with teh Blood of his friends and his health. That doctor was subsequently fired. So there are things that can be done.