VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Make Some Suggestions For Ils

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

It would be greatly appreciated if any one could provide some suggestions for what to try in an Independent Living Services program. I have read all kinds of posts on the subject, anything from computers, digital cameras, pots & pans, to Flat Screen Televisions. Modifications to the home etc...

I need some ideas and maybe some help in putting it all together.

Also is the ILS program a one time entitlement, if you already had one, what about upgrades and/or supplies?

Edited by Vietnam Tanker

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Have you been accepted into ILP and if so have you had an in-home assessment? The in-home assessment is done to determine what you could benefit from as far as access to things that can improve your quality of living. I believe the ILP is a one-time benefit but could be wrong. Someone else might know for sure on this.

Jerr

It would be greatly appreciated if any one could provide some suggestions for what to try in an Independent Living Services program. I have read all kinds of posts on the subject, anything from computers, digital cameras, pots & pans, to Flat Screen Televisions. Modifications to the home etc...

Also is the ILS program a one time entitlement, if you already had one, what about upgrades and/or supplies?

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

John, What do you love to do? Motorcyle, fish, restore furniture, build something? What would you like to do, what would make you feel happy? HUGS!!! ~Wings

Hey Vietnam Tanker

My husband is jsut starting his second go around with ILP. His conditions have gotten worse and this is about the only way you can go through the ILP again. You need to provide proof that your earlier "rehabilitation" should be overturned, because your conditions have gotten worse or the previous rehab is no longer helping or feasible.

Good Luck, we are also in the process of finguring out what we need. THe VocRehab counselor asked us to right a list of the things my husband has difficulty doing.

I was also recently told by the VocRehab counselor that they don't provide stuff for hobbies anymore, I am thinking that perhaps you need to link this hobby with helping your illnesses, i.e. depression, you would like to learn to paint so you can brighten up your home because it is boring and depresses you etc. Hmmmmm Don't really know.....I would be happy just with the ramp we desparately need.

• HadIt.com Elder

A week ago I went back to talk to ILS.My ILS Councilor was fired or sent away cause she did not do her job. I saw a supervisor who said that someone would call me to set up an appointment. Its been one week and no phone call.

How can you trust people who do not even call you when they promise that they will?

Its not like I am not home or don't answer the phone.