VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do? Please Advise

Rate this question

nbll01

Question

I filed a claim threw the DAV for 7 total conditions. I received one exam for my ears (which really wasn't one of the things I filed on). I never received any other exams and received a denial letter across the board for all things I claimed on. is this right? or even legal how can I be denied on service connection and disability without even being seen or examined?? PLEASE someone help. I have been out a considerable amount of time and have rarely went to civilian doctors as I could never afford treatment and was unaware I could go to the VA for treatment. Thanks in advance for any and all help

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The VA needs current diagnoses and some treatment records before they will move forward on a claim.A C & P exam is not where a diagnosis can come from.

I too would like to see the Reasons and basis part of the denial they sent to you.

Are you fully enrolled in the VA health care system?

"My SMR file was burned in ST. Louis in 1973"

I have complete copies here of a vet's SMRs that were "destroyed in the St Louis Fire" and also copy of a DD 214 that clearly showed the VA in another case where VA said the fire destroyed the vets records-that the vet had enlisted well AFTER the file occurred.He got his SMRS too -directly from NARA.

I never buy what they are selling on the fire stuff-best to check with NARA yourself with a SF 180 at their web site.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was told at one time, that my records were burned around 1976, after I sent an application to get my records. Years later I found that it was BS. Below is a list of the records that were burned.

The losses to Federal military records collection included:

None of the records that were destroyed in the fire had had duplicate copies made, nor had they been copied to microfilm. No index of these records was made prior to the fire, and millions of records were on loan to the Veterans Administration at the time of the fire. This made it difficult to precisely determine which records were lost.[2]

The VA needs current diagnoses and some treatment records before they will move forward on a claim.A C & P exam is not where a diagnosis can come from.

I too would like to see the Reasons and basis part of the denial they sent to you.

Are you fully enrolled in the VA health care system?

I didn't provide any current treatment records as the only ones I would possibly be able to get are from 10 years ago and the doctors are out of business. Would it be beneficial to try and get seen by the VA hospital (I haven't applied) or a independent doctor and provide treatment records showing a current condition? I also provided documentation from witnesses family and such of my conditions and they basically acknowledged them but said they didn't specify a exact day when they (the witnesses) first saw the conditions. Almost seems laughable. I appreciate all help and responses I know I have a mountain to climb. I would provide the info you wanted to see Thanks Dave

Hello everyone. Well I filed a claim threw the DAV for service connected disabilities. I had no outside (regular doctor) or va doctors diagnosis to include as for the past 16 years Ive delat with the problems. I have went to a few family docs, but have no records as they didnt keep the records. I got my claim denied all the way across the board even though theres un deniable evidence in my service records. I have since signed up with the VA and am currently recieving treatment and exams for listed conditions (ones I filed for disability on). Is this gonna help my claim in anyway? My primary care doc nows from my records I filed for disability. It doesnt seem like its even any kind of concern to help my case in any way? What do I need from these VA docs to help my case? How do I go about getting it? I realize I need to have medical proof of being treated for a chronic condition, I also know I need to have the condition linked to in service. Do I come out and ask for this or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it seems the DAV isnt any help at all. I'm in Phoenix if this makes any difference. Thanks to everyone for any help they can give. Dave