VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know The Law That Requires Va To Notify

Rate this question

hawkfire27

Question

I am in the process of writing out my form 9 for the BVA appeals process. I was just wondering if any of the bright and inquiring minds here on hadit might help me with the law I should quote that may help me.

I am trying to point out the VA's failure to notify. I need the CFR that says they have to notify me of DEA benefit eligibility.

HELP!

Edited by hawkfire27

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is the past post on I-9s and a download of page one of my Appeal form:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...aded&start=

I didnt have room on Page one to tell them of the illegal VCAA letter I got-it was on page 2 but I advise telloing them of any VCAA error right away on page one if there is room.They ask why the decision appealed was wrong and this is the chance to get the BVA to make it right. and I think this I-9 was 5 pages long as it contained an Evidence list of all evidence the VA had and refused to acknowledged and then I attached again- evidence that I had determined was missing from my C file.

(I had over 53 Priority mail tracking slips of evidence for this case which was never acknowledged by the VARO.The BVA read it all and awarded.)

My claim went back to an original FTCA and Section 1151 award I had received so it was a little involved-

when I discovered the true case of my husband's death-the initial disabilty they had malpracticed on-which even the VA Central STrategic Health team missed too (FTCA case) I re-opened in 2003 but I could not claim malpractice again as causing death as I had done that and VA already had paid settlement etc.

I had to re-open on basis of cause of death due to Agent Orange ( which was malpracticed on) but had to somehow support this claim for AO death by acknowledging the malpractice yet using solely medical evidence of AO disability of DMII (never appearing once in the medical records as a diagnosis) in a way that VA could not say they already awarded for wrongful death.

It wasn't easy to word the initial claim.It took a lot of thought on that before I filed it.

My reps gave me no support at all-they said VA would never understand this claim.

I felt VA would sure understand it.

They did.

My state reps,who are paid well by our state income taxes, lost credit for a very large retro.and many other award letters that came with the AO death award.

sorry for griping again about this-------

WE ARE the BEST reps we will EVER have!!!!

Still we should all get a rep on our POA as some of them are Great.

Edited by Berta