VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Results

Rate this question

snakeman56

Question

I just got a letter from the DAV, and it's not official but they are just letting me know in advance. The question I have is the following.

This is right from the letter.

1. A decision on entitlement to compensation for erectile dysfunction due to depression medication is deferred.

2. A decision on entitlement to compensation for depression claimed with Chronic pain is deferred.

3. A decision on entitlement to compensation for right knee condition claimed due to left knee is deferred.

I just don't understand this. Also I will be retiring in 6 months can I ask for Individual unemployability now or do I have to wait till I retire??

I am according to the DVA letter I will have a combined rating of 80%, I am currently 70%.

Thanks in advance

Tom

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have a deferred claim as well, I would stay on top of this if I were you. The VA sent me a similiar letter to inform me that the claim was deferred, I submitted all the information requested and began to wait. After more than a year, I requested an update on the claim, to which they responded that the claim had been denied. Then not a week after the letter explaining the claim had been denied, I recieved a letter offering expidited resolution to the claim. I am waiting for a new C & P, and still am not sure if the claim was denied or deferred.

I have scheduled an appointment with the local Veteran rep to try to figure out what is going on. This is the first real problem I have encountered. I do have several claims that are in the appeal process right now, just keep your head up, and make sure you get a complete full copy of your medical record when you retire. Got that advice before I left the Navy and has made the process easier for me, can't argue about what is documented if you don't have the documents. Good luck, and the people on here are very knowledgable. If you don't get an answer in response to questions you have, try searching the forums. The people on here a sharp and know where to find the answers.

I just got a letter from the DAV, and it's not official but they are just letting me know in advance. The question I have is the following.

This is right from the letter.

1. A decision on entitlement to compensation for erectile dysfunction due to depression medication is deferred.

2. A decision on entitlement to compensation for depression claimed with Chronic pain is deferred.

3. A decision on entitlement to compensation for right knee condition claimed due to left knee is deferred.

I just don't understand this. Also I will be retiring in 6 months can I ask for Individual unemployability now or do I have to wait till I retire??

I am according to the DVA letter I will have a combined rating of 80%, I am currently 70%.

Thanks in advance

Tom

You cannot file for IU if you are still working!!!

Bergie

They are still reviewing the evidence.Deferred means they have not made decisions on the claims now. While they are still reviewing this you can send in more evidence you may have that may help your claim.

Interesting... I have one deferred rating and was wondering about "prompting" them a bit. To date, I have bnot been asked to provide any additional info...

I was at the DAV today dropping off some paperwork for my hypertension claim, so while I was there I went down to the 2nd floor and visited the VA so that I could get a 10 point vet pref letter for civil service.

While there I asked about my Deferred rating (Left Shoulder). The VA rep got into his computer, clicked his mouse 65 times and told me that on 2 July they asked for a date for a C & P exam for my left shoulder. That makes me feel a little bit better.

I am thinking that the whole disconect must have happened when I originally filed for compensation... I filed for both sides but when my exam happened they only had the right listed. The C&P doc went ahead and looked at both sides, but upon review they must have pushed it back since it was not listed on the VA's schedule of exams for that day.

We'll see. Something that I see here, is to keep pushing!

Best of luck,