VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Monday

Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

After 9 months of trying to get my C&P exam rescheduled Im finally having it Monday. They have me scheduled for 3 different appointments. Is this normal? I have a claim in for quite a few things. So Im assuming this is for different doctors to exam different things. Should I bring my medical records with me from service, as well as xrays/bone scans or should I assume that the C&P doc has all this from my submitting it to the regional office? Also Ive been treated at 3 different VA's in different states. Should I bring my treatment records from each of those as well? I know my doctors have a hard time looking at notes from different hospitals.

Anything else I should do/prepare before I go?

My claims are for my left foot condition which I was discharged from service for. Ive had surgery 4 times on it. Currently diagnosed as stage 2 Complex Regional Pain Syndrome lower left extremity. However my current diasbility rating is a general foot condition.

Also I have flat feet now which is what I thought they had rated me at which prompted to refile for a claim. So they will be looking at that as well

I also claimed lower back condition which I did sustain lower back injuries while in service. I claimed that as secondary to my lower leg issue as well. Since filing the claim I have been diagnosed with 2 herniated discs with focal annular tears at the S5/S4 and S5/S1 for which Ive been going to aquatic therapy as well as have epideral injenctions scheduled for the 1st 22nd and then will schedule for the 3rd one after that.

Also claimed sleep apnea which I dont have any "proof" it is service related however I do have documented issues with sleeping and submitted a letter from my roomate while in service stating I frequently woke up gasping, and never slept fully thru the night. Plus the medications I am on and what not I claimed that as secondary as well.

Also claimed hiatel hernia, los angelas class B esophagitus, and GERDs. Again I do not have treatment for those in service, but I do have documented heartburn, as well as was on naprozyn for a year before getting out and subsequently 6 years after. So I claimed that as service connected as well as secondary to medication. They did a surgery to fix this a couple months ago and so far so good. WIll this surgery affect my claim in any way as for getting at least a 0% rating service connected/secondary to service connections just so I have it listed for future if the surgery doesnt stick?

I have not claimed my migraines yet but will after this claim is completed. Should I mention those in my C&P exam along wiith my memory issues, or just leave it until I make a new claim?

Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well I had 2 different doctors. The one that looked at my foot, knee, and back took all of 10 minutes to examine me. I offered up my medical info that I had and he said he didnt need it. Had me bend over as far as I could. Then had me lay down on the table and checked the angles of my knee and said he was done with me. He was very short with me.

The second doctor was a lot more friendly. He asked me questions about my apnea and GERD/Hiatel hernia. Showed him the related info from my SMR. Then he said my endoscopys, surgery, and sleep study were all current enough for what he needed, and I should expect my claim to be completed within 6-8 weeks.

Not sure whether to get my hopes up with that or not.

Well I got screwed. I assumed as much about the sleep apnea as I have nothing in my SMR other than "sleep issues". No actual treatment for sleep apnea itself. However the rest totally shocks me.

I have documented in my SMR a history of lower back strains. I have documented in my VA medical records a history of lower back injuries resulting from falls caused by my service connected foot issue, and the C&P doctor writes that my herniated disks, degenerative disck disease, spina bifida are the diagnosis, howevver "any relationship of this to his service connected left foot is purely speculative. So Im at a loss for this. It couldn't be more clear the cause of my back issues yet the VA finds a way to say it isnt clear.

My knee that frequently gives out on me they are saying is a "left knee strain with pain related to RSD" however he denotes "The knee is stable" How can a knee be considered stable when it gives out on my at least twice a day. Denotes flexion from 0-100 which I have no idea what that means, but aslo states "pain throughout range of motion. He does state "His knee and leg pain may be more likely than not related to the chronic pain syndrome related to surgery on his left foot. This is more likely than not the case." So while this may be a win it sounds to me like he is classifying the issue on something that doesnt really matter.

And then my stomach issues which have been diagnosed through 2 endoscopy's as a hiatal hernia, esophagitus, and GERDs is "less likely than not that the veteran's use of NSAIDs from 1998 to present caused his GERDs. NSAIDs are not known to cause GERD however use of them in individuals with known GERD may contribute to severity" So he is saying that taking a medication that the FDAs website indicates is a known contributor to gastrointestinal issues, does not in fact cause or contribute to the cause of GERDs it is only known to exacerbate it. So yet again wording to say that it isnt rerlated to my SC condition even though I have well documented issues with heartburn in my SMR since being on the naprosyn.

It just baffles me how they do this crap. I understand the issues of people trying to claim shit that isn't nor should be service connected, but Im a 33 year old who feels like he is 60 and can barely get by on a daily basis due to my SC condition, and they just do everything in their power to make you feel like the shit is all your head. Im tired of the BS.