Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Mental Health Exam

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Tomorrow I have my C&P exam at a QTC Contracted Shrink. At my first QTC exam, a noted Shrink examined me, and concluded that I had PTSD and the VA rated me at 30 percent. I have looked up the Doctor's bio that will exam me tomorrow, and she does not have near the experience that the first Doctor has in examining Vietnam Vets. I did email the first doctor and told him that I was having some major issues, and he was not much help, but it seems like a short time after that was when I got a notice for the exam!!! I have a major issue with trust. I do not trust Government doctors, and please a QTC is under contract, so they will do whatever the VA tells them.

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes QTC is more honest than the quacks the VAMC uses for C&P. What can you do but take the C&P and see what happens.

Pete,

You were 100 percent correct. I think it went very well. I hope that I'm not being to naive, but she did tell me that I have gotten worse, and she would bw writing up for an increase. Did no say how much, and I did not want to ask. She also said they may wait until I have done my general medical c&p before getting back to me, and it would most likely be Jan 2011.

Papa

I have a evaluation/exam coming up on the 23rd for Chronic PTSD. I am a Vietnam vet also. I too don't trust the gov and the quack that gave me only a basic physical after retirement only to learn that this physical was used against me when I applied for VA compensation. I have also been diagnosed for Obstruction Sleep Apnea of having to wear that mask at night time in order to get a good night's sleep, Sleep Apnea could be linked to PTSD of having bad dreams of the past, i.e vietnam and other war or conflicts. It took me over 10 years to get this far. No turning back now. Fight-Fight-Fight!