VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting From Scratch

Rate this topic

As I said in my intro last week, I have only recently (beginning of december) returned to the VA system. I'm going to a small local VAMC to get basics out of the way. We've ruled out rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. I've been diagnosed and am getting initial dose of sertraline for depression and PTSD. No improvement yet. Nothing yet for anxiety.

For pain, they wanted to start with Naproxin 500mg, but 660mg I was already taking twice a day was just taking the edge off. Tried Tramadol and had a reaction to the first dose. I just started Gabapentin this morning, but only 200mg so that was only enough to tell at least I didn't have a reaction to it, but it↓'ll have to be quite a bit more than 200mg to make an impression.

I'm getting ready to call the VAMC in Harlingen to schedule a Gulf War Exam... Any and all experience and advice would be helpful and much appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much more on this topic here as well. I bet a search of GWI can pull up more good info for you too.

Hope this is a start...Good luck to you going forward.

LC