VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam

Rate this question

bhoward422

Question

I had my C&p exam today 02/03/14 at the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center Charleston S.C. the issues and question were on my ROM, question also were asked about my knees, legs and foot I have answer every question to the best of my knowledge. I was very stiff on this exam because I was hurting badly, the examiner then asked when did my injuries occur my response was I was a paratrooper jumper in the military and as the years passed it progresses. the examiner also was up to date on my medical history I was told I have your MRI now I need for you to go to radiology to do and x ray. now at this time the exam is over, now I was told to get everything such as private doctor findings as soon as possible and get it to my RO, and was told to have a good day!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Sounds like you had a very thorough C & P exam ........however, get a copy of that exam ASAP from the VAMC where it was done ...

What is the 10% you have now for?

I ask because I wonder if you would need a nexus for all this.

Obviously a parachute jumper is going to take stress on their lower extremities, that in time, can get worse.

"now I was told to get everything such as private doctor findings as soon as possible and get it to my RO, and was told to have a good day!"

Has any private doctor documented these disabilities are as likely as not due to your service MOS, with no other etiology in your work history for them?

I hope the C & P doc made that point as well.

It would be even better if these have resulted directly from what you get the 10% for now.......

A letter or visit (I think most VAMC have a form for this) to the Records Access Office or FOIA,Privacy Act officer at the VAMC will get you a copy of the exam results. Make sure your C file # is on the request and the date of the exam.

Edited by Berta

Sounds like you had a very thorough C & P exam ........however, get a copy of that exam ASAP from the VAMC where it was done ...

What is the 10% you have now for?

I ask because I wonder if you would need a nexus for all this.

Obviously a parachute jumper is going to take stress on their lower extremities, that in time, can get worse.

"now I was told to get everything such as private doctor findings as soon as possible and get it to my RO, and was told to have a good day!"

Has any private doctor documented these disabilities are as likely as not due to your service MOS, with no other etiology in your work history for them?

I hope the C & P doc made that point as well.

It would be even better if these have resulted directly from what you get the 10% for now.......

A letter or visit (I think most VAMC have a form for this) to the Records Access Office or FOIA,Privacy Act officer at the VAMC will get you a copy of the exam results. Make sure your C file # is on the request and the date of the exam.

Yes I have an IMO letter the VARO already has it, it's part of my record my 10% is for tinnitus I'll get a copy of this c&p from my VA medical center. my private doctor note these findings such as can't maintain gainful employment, he served his country as a paratrooper jumper he can't complete his daily activities he also has decreased ROM with severe crepitus, upon movement, his knees also has moderate effusion with patella tendonitus with his back has has an abnormal gait with decreased ROM with degenerative disc disease. during this time with constant parachuting and lifting these condition got progressively worse at time, we're treating him for chronic pain this veteran has been through physical therapy, home exercise program and are prescribe multiple medication on examination. we feel more than not that these condition occurred while this Veteran was enlisted in the military. this is what my IMO express to the VA

Great news bud. Glad to hear you made it thru the exam, and it sounds like it went well. Get that info to the VA asap, and keep us updated.

Thanks Navy04.