VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va’S Unacceptable 80 Percent Denial Rate Of Gulf War Illness Claims – What’S Behind The Numbers

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

http://veteransforcommonsense.org/?p=3143

(91outcomes.com - June 5, 2014) - A Military Times article today cites VA data showing the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has denied nearly 80 percent, or four out of five Gulf War Illness disability claims denied. [1]

Today’s breaking news article also shows more than half of veterans denied for Gulf War Illness claims have been approved by VA for other conditions, demonstrating a VA bias against approving Gulf War Illness claims long alleged by ill Gulf War veterans.

A full 38 percent (38%) of veterans filing Gulf War Illness claims had their claims denied entirely, both for Gulf War Illness and other conditions.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Unjust.

My buddy was Marine officer (Naval Academy grad), stellar athlete, a shirker in no one's book. He came back from Gulf War I with some type pf chronic fatigue.

I encouraged him to file and research on here but there must be something fishy that happened over there.

Not only is it hard to get a claim approved it is hard to get the VA to treat you and identify the condition. They will not put a name with a condition such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. No No says doctors from VA. Must be in your head. You are depressed is what they say.