VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

iu

Rate this question

rikkor

Question

8 hours ago, rikkor said:

can the VA take away IU without notification? I received a letter from DAV that the VA  would be discontinuing my IU on 07/2017 although my conditions have not changed since being awarded IU in 2010 I am now going to be 59 and I have not worked in 35 years.  I tried calling DAV and veterans affairs to no avail...Also they did not give reason for the discontinuation I did not have anything pending nor on appeal and my last award letter stated I was permanent and totally disabled? Could this letter from the DAV be in Error as I have never had the DAV or any other organization working on my case before?

residuals neurological involvement right ankle20%Service Connected01/01/1981

depressive disorder

Not Service Connected

lumbar spine degenerative disc and joint disease

10%Service Connected03/17/2006

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)70%Service Connected06/12/2009

residuals ankle laceration of Achilles tendon30%Service Connected03/17/2006

donor skin graft site, left lower leg20%Service Connected06/12/2009

bacterial infection of the bones

Not Service Connected

passive aggressive explosive personality and adjustment disorder with anxious moodNot Service Connected

musculo-facial tension, right, paralumbar region with symptomatic right hip service connected

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The VA has to give 60 days notice of a "proposed reduction".   Can you post the letter, hiding your name and address?  

You probably want to request a hearing and explain why your benefits should not be reduced.  You need to act on this RIGHT away, dont ignore it or you will be reduced.  

2 hours ago, rikkor said:

8 hours ago, rikkor said:

can the VA take away IU without notification? I received a letter from DAV that the VA  would be discontinuing my IU on 07/2017 although my conditions have not changed since being awarded IU in 2010 I am now going to be 59 and I have not worked in 35 years.  I tried calling DAV and veterans affairs to no avail...Also they did not give reason for the discontinuation I did not have anything pending nor on appeal and my last award letter stated I was permanent and totally disabled? Could this letter from the DAV be in Error as I have never had the DAV or any other organization working on my case before?

residuals neurological involvement right ankle20%Service Connected01/01/1981

depressive disorder

Not Service Connected

lumbar spine degenerative disc and joint disease

10%Service Connected03/17/2006

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)70%Service Connected06/12/2009

residuals ankle laceration of Achilles tendon30%Service Connected03/17/2006

donor skin graft site, left lower leg20%Service Connected06/12/2009

bacterial infection of the bones

Not Service Connected

passive aggressive explosive personality and adjustment disorder with anxious moodNot Service Connected

musculo-facial tension, right, paralumbar region with symptomatic right hip service connected

It could be a mistake.  I would request a hearing should it not be a mistake.  Is this a proposal to reduce?