Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file And Medical Records Review For Civilian Exam?

Rate this question

john6012

Question

I'm going to see my psychologist tomorrow for a PTSD evaluation and I've printed out the VA Compensation and Pension Examination (Initial Eval for PTSD) and the papers state, Sources of information: Records revied (C-file, DD-214, medical records, orhter documentation. How in the world can I my C-file and VA medical records for the pyschologists review? I have the 214 and copies of pertinent data in my military medical records. Does this psy guy fill out the form as much as he can and then the remainder is left to a VA examiner?? I don't think so. Can you help?????? Thanks

Edited by john6012

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If this is a private doctor he should not write on the blank C & P exam-

There is info here under Getting an IMO etc and in many discussions as to the criteria a private IMO should follow.

The nexus statement should fall into the "more then likely" , or "at least as likely or not" (but this is a little weaker than more than likely) that the disability is due to service with a full medical rationale for that.

Anything you have--- DD 214, and those other documents might be enough at this point for a diagnosis and to support the nexus statement.

Without specific combat awards- expecially the PH-however -the VA will need to verify any stressors you have and that you tell the doctor about.

It is best to mention anything that can be verified.

Have you had the other 2 PTSD exams? Have you written a stressor letter yet?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks Berta for answering. No, I haven't had anything from the VA. All I did was write them a letter asking that they open my claim file. I was told to take the C&P exam form to the psychologist and that he was to fill it out but he didn't know what a C-file was and neither did I. I plan on taking my 214 to him but I was confused as to who would fill out the form. Thanks again, John

Service connection for post-traumatic stress disorder requires medical evidence diagnosing the condition in accordance with 38 CFR 4.125;a link ,established by medical evidence ,between current symptoms and in-service stressor;and credible supporting evidence that the claimed in-service stressor occurred.If the evidence estabilshes that the veteran engaged in combat with the enemy and the claimed stressor is related to that combat ,in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contray,and provided that the claimed stressor is consistent with the circumstances,condition,or hardships of the veteran service,occurrence of the claimed in-service stressor may established by the veteran's lay testimony alone. If the evidence establishes that the veteran was a prisoner-of-war under the provisions of 38CFR3.1(y) and the claimed stressor is related to that prosiner-of-war experince,in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary,and provided that the claimed stressor is consistent with the circumstances,conditions,or hardships of the veteran's service,occurrence of the claimed in-service stressor may be established by the veteran's lay testimony alone. {38CFR Section3.1(y),3.304(F),4.125(a)}

mobie

Edited by mobie16r