Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Silverwings Drb Reading Room

Rate this question

john cummings

Question

:rolleyes: Hey 'Wings are you hangin out here? Lightening took out my PC motherboard, and then a virus claimed my laptop. I've been so busy at work that it took me a couple weeks to reformat/reload my system. Anyway the DRB reading rooms are back up and running now, thought that might intrest you. I am finally done with my stuff. I had to open a new appeal, but it was approved. I got 84 days of leave restored, and a reenlistment bonus that I missed out on. I am glad to have it all done and over with. Just under 7 years to straighten out this mess.

john c :lol:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

John C:

Glad to hear that you got what you wanted.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
:rolleyes: Hey 'Wings are you hangin out here? Lightening took out my PC motherboard, and then a virus claimed my laptop. I've been so busy at work that it took me a couple weeks to reformat/reload my system. Anyway the DRB reading rooms are back up and running now, thought that might intrest you. I am finally done with my stuff. I had to open a new appeal, but it was approved. I got 84 days of leave restored, and a reenlistment bonus that I missed out on. I am glad to have it all done and over with. Just under 7 years to straighten out this mess.

john c :lol:

Hey you! John, I'm still hanging out here, but not as much as I used to. I have an issue on appeal with an NOD at the VARO (yes, I asked for 12 years retro pay) ... When I get my SOC from them (if ever!), I'll be here more often with a fight on my hands! I don't know how I ever got through the BCMR and DRB without completely losing my mind! The administrative details and legal research was overwhelming - - but you already know that! 7 years is a looong time to mess with the BOARDS - GROAN!! You've done GOOD work, and all this will be behind you when you retire - - which should be in less time than it took your appeals lol! I'll have to open that can of worms (pull my case from the boxes), and see if I can find my case at the DRB reading room. Thanks for the reminder. I think my case can help someone someday! Your's too! Good to see you here - - and sorry about your PC meltdowns! Are you ready for Egypt?! Isn't that where you're going??? HUGS and love to you and your family. Your friend, Silver Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

Gosh, I'm sure glad the DRB isn't trying to run the Country LOL! Very few cases have been uploaded - mine's not there! Maybe I should e-mail them??? On second thought, I loathe to even make a remote contact again!! ~Wings

P.S. John, 84 days of leave .... HMMMM, sounds like a long overdue vacation!!

• HadIt.com Elder
Nominclature: "DRB" Definition please, What and where is the DRB reading room?

Jim S. :rolleyes:

Highest Administrative Authority is the Board for Correction of Military Records. Second highest is the Discharge Review Board. Each branch of service has it's own review boards. Authority is found in the US Code of Federal Regulations, Title 10.