Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pre-programmed “false Statements” On Veterans’ Va “medical Record Progress Notes”

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

fwd....

PRE-PROGRAMMED “FALSE STATEMENTS” ON VETERANS’ VA “MEDICAL RECORD PROGRESS NOTES”

ARE OR COULD BE USED TO “DENY” THEIR VA CLAIMS

“PRE-PROGRAMMED FALSE STATEMENTS” on Veterans computerized “Medical Record Progress Notes” that are intentionally or unintentionally not corrected to describe the Veteran-patient’s true medical condition or its “residuals,” are or could be used as a “bases to deny” Veterans’ service-connected and non-service connected disability claims, federal tort claims, and social security disability insurance claims, among other things.

“FALSE STATEMENTS” ARE A VIOLATION OF:

TITLE 18> PART 1 > CHAPTER 47 >

SECTION 1035, ET SEQ., AMONG OTHER THINGS.

Below are samples of “Pre-Programmed” statements that you will find on your “Medical Record Progress Notes” that may or may not be accurate. The ones highlighted, if not accurate, are the ones most likely to cause your claims to be “denied.”

So after reading the information below, whether you have a pending VA or other Government Disability claim or not, be sure to check all of your current and future VA medical records for accuracy… You can get a copy of any of your VA medical records from the “Release of Information” Office at the VA Medical Center where you receive treatment.

• This patient denies any other new medical problems.

• “The patient ‘DENIES’ both short-term and long term exercise intolerances.

• “The patient ‘DENIES’ profound muscle weakness, which unable him to raise his arm to comb hair, stand up from a chair or lift his head from a pillow, fascial rash, Gottron sign, v-sign, and shwal sign.”

• “The patient ‘DENIES’ LE claudication and foot drop.

• “The patient ‘DENIES’ symmetric polyarticular arthralgia/arthritis, malar rash, oral ulcer, discoid lesion, photosensitivity, nephritis, serositis, dry eyes and dry mouth, Raynaud’s phenomenon and sclerodactyly.

• There has been no persistent nausea, emesis, or diarrhea, no persistent fever or chills, no acute sino-bronchitic symptoms, no acute dyspnea, no hemoptsis, no recurrent GI or GU bleeding, no significant chest pain or unstable anginal episodes of concern to the patient, no persistent weight loss, no UTI symptoms, no synscope, no TIA episodes, no persistent irregular bowel movements, no persistent anorexia, and no unusual palpitations.

• The tests were reviewed with the patient.

• Otherwise the patient has no further medical complaints.

• Also the patient relays no new significant signs of symptoms referable to the ENT, Constitutional, pulmonary, cv, GI/GU or Neurological areas occurring since the last clinic visit.

Also Visit the following other Pre-Programmed Categories on your

VA “Medical Record Progress Notes” and check them for accuracy:

• Vital Signs, Reason for Visit, Pain Score, Allergies, Active Problems, Active Medications, Selected Medical History, Chief Complaint, History of Present Illness, Exam, Assessment, Mental Health Status, General appearance, Head/Neck, Eyes, Ears/Nose, Mouth, Chest/Breast, Lungs, Cardiac, Abdomen, Genitalia/Hernia, Rectal/Prostate, Back, Feet, Extremities, Skin, Lymphatics, Neurological/Psychiatric, Mobility, Activity Intolerance, Activity of daily living, Nutrition, Evidence of abuse or neglect, potential barriers, tobacco use, exercise, Contraindication to vigorous exercise, alcohol screening, PTSD Screen, PTSD Score, Mood Screen, Mood Score, Colorectal Screening, Vaccinations, Sun Protection, Hypertension, COPD, Diabetic Foot Examination, Plan, Active Medications.

TO READ

TITLE 18> PART 1 > CHAPTER 47 >

SECTION 1035, ET SEQ., AMONG OTHER THINGS

CLICK ONTO THE URL’S BELOW:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...35----000-.html

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...----000-.html#b

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

>cervical degenerative disc disease.

Hoppy,

cervical spondylosis/stenosis, can mimic MS symptoms.

I started treatment for my spine through the VAMC in 1993. In 2004 they took the first MRI of my spine & cervical.

I requested an MRI in writing for a C&P of my spine in 1996. They took standard xray films. After the C&P examiner refused to review them or use them in the determination, I sent in a request for re-examination.

Another exam was scheduled, the examiner viewed them & found all issues service connected.

Two months after receiving the VA examiners opinion, the VARO stated they never received it, got one of their staff consultants to state the opposite & denied the claim three days later. The favorable exam was discovered by my SO a year later.

A year after that, I found a copy of the favorable C&P, hidden in a closed packet inside my medical records folder at the VAMC. The packet was marked, "FOR ADMINISTRATIVE USE ONLY".

I made an appointment with the DRO, had him read it into the record & gave him a copy. He stopped the recorder after he read it & said, You do know that the "VA" is the one that "chooses" what evidence is used, don't you?

I said I had my suspicion, but I just had it confirmed, didn't I?

Nothing will convince me that other than the work performed, theres very little difference in the agenda on the minds of the health care at the VA, some SO's or the claims adjusters at the VARO. It leaves me to believe they went to the same brain washing class as, Buyers & Nicholson, thats for sure.

It's one sadistic mental game they play on us.

By the time you figure out just how much they're playing you from the get go, it sure makes you feel like a fool thats lost in the TRIANGLE.

They take TBI & neurological vets, give them toxic doses of meds, suddenly change meds & forget to tell you to taper off, suddenly withhold medications or look at you & grin, say they will do something & refuse to acknowledge the discussion ever took place. MRI, what MRI. Sorry, your in to good of shape to need to see an MD.

How about, "lets see now, we can get you in to see this volenteer student for that mental disorder & neuromuscular disorder of unknown cause".

Your lucky today, your appointment is only 9 months out!

You have two appointments scheduled in the same week. One will be a 325 mile trip & the other will be across the state for a 600 mile trip.

Their both at 7am, so don't be late.

Sorry, it's not my problem your wife doesn't like driving a pickup or that it gets 10 mpg.

I made the 325 mile trip to a VA er room due to brain lesions, seisures or cervical pain in a snow storm. I was given an EKG & sent home.

If you need your feet looked at, they will examine your ears & ask you if you drink alot.

If you need your ears looked at, they will spend the appointment discussing a weight loss plan.

If you say you might be interested in physical theripy due to the atrophy, they hand out exercize sheets, call the appointment a success & schedule one for next year at the same time.

Neurologists will say they see nothing neurological wrong to order an MRI, physical theripists state "deffinatly CNS envolvement".

Finally get an MRI, the neurologist say it's normal. VAMC health records, are never present to discus with them, they refuse to look at your medical history & say your labs are normal. Anything may flow from their mouth in order to keep you in a constant state, resembling a mushroom.

I often wonder how much bonus they get, if a vet takes their life or the life of another?

Its so easy for them to feed off the misery of brain injuried vets & vets with neuromuscular disorders. There is a multitude of folks making a living painting us as nothing but drunks & drug addicts looking for a free ride.

Had a patient in the hospital next to me say, they had to stop the operation on his neck because it was quiting time & the students had to leave. He said they gave him another sergury in a few days to finish the other side cutting back a few bone spurs.

• In Memoriam

I have had a 95 degree temperature for over the last two years all year long; not just winter, but with summer as well. The vet taking my temperature always says that this is normal. I thought 98.6 was normal.

One of my favorites is when I have bronchial pneumonia (often), the VA always puts me on the breathing machine (maybe Albuterol). After the treatment she automatically puts down "patient has significant improvement" with out asking me anything. What a joke.

Another underground statement by one doctor passing off to another is "Good luck with this one". This is an agenda

Another underground statement is "Patient has an agenda".

These are comments that are within the notes.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

Stretch:

Same deal for me. If I show 98.6 I am sick as a dog.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, I have several of these type false statements in my records and on C&P reports. Whats a person to do? How can they go about being changed or challenged even? I nearly cried and fainted when seeing this post about the "the patient DENIES..." sounded like you were reading MY records! smile. But then again,I sure wonder what to do with 'em! thanks.cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• In Memoriam

My VA Radiologist said many wrong things in his report, of me, such as: Patient has worked with Mercury lifetime occupation, had two children by former wife, and many more.

I took each wrong statement in highlight and put the correct answer below it. I numbered each false statement put it in word format, and took it to the patients advocate. I demanded that the corrections be made. The doctor appologized, because he didn't think I would read it; the doctor put in the corrections himself.

I check it out with the FOIA and yes he did admited the mistakes and made the corrections.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

BTW, I never worked with Mercury in my life. ????????????

Stretch

Just readin the mail