Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p By Psychiatrist

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

C&P April 12, 2005, picked up copy and immediately sent rebuttal to the VAMC and R.O with discrepancies of this C&P.

May 15, 2005

PRIVACY AMENDMENT NOTE

URGENCY COMPLETED

YOU MAY NOT VIEW THIS NOTE.

DOCTOR SIGNATURE.

This ia a yes or no question. Does anyone have a C&P with this amendment placed on it and does anyone know what this means?

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

J,

No, I haven't seen it before. Have you called the clinic that did the exam and asked them what it meant?

Just a guess here, but I recently requested a copy of my C-file and my POA at the DAV told me that a lot of times the VA won't give a psych C&P exam to the vet, you have to have them send it to a shrink. I'm waiting to see if they send me a copy of my psych C&P exam with my C-file or not. If I get mine I'll check it for this privacy ammendment and let you know if there's one on my C&P exam.

Maybe Pete or one of the other members who have psych ratings and copies of their C-file may be able to help you figure this one out.

Let us know when you find out what it means.

Good luck,

ts

Edited by tssnave

Guest jangrin

Josephine,

Chuckles had that PTSD C&P about 2 months ago. We requested copy and got it fine with no problem. However, I have read here on Hadit before that if the shrink doesn't want the report released to the veteran they can place a hold on it's release. I bet there is a hold on the report, you may have to contact your POA to find out what gives.

Good Luck,

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

tssnave and jangrin,

This certainly is a strange twist. I picked up a copy of that same C&P about 5 days after it was typed. The examination was done by those two psychiatrist, and those who follow my post, know what I think of them.

Within 5 days of the examination, I sent a rebuttal to the examination and sent a copy to the VAMC and R.O. Of course the psychiatrist and patient advocate did nothing about the examination, but told me that if I wanted to appeal it go to the General Council.

The first copy does not have the PRIVACY AMENDMENT NOTE on it.

I picked up the statement from the nurse on duty that saw right after the C&P, said that she had to have somewhere to place her report, so she ran it off on the computer above the examination.

It was January before I remmebered that I saw her and I called her and ask her if I was in her log book and she looked and I was there.

She writes of how I could not remember after this clinic appointment and called me the next day to see if I saw my private doctor.

I just noticed that it had been added after the rebuttal and I just wondered, who Dr. L did not want to see this examination. Was it me or who.

Dr.M the first C&P examination does not have any Privacy Amendment Note

I am definitely into some kind of a mess of a claim.

Thanks to you both,

Josephine