Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Looks like to me they are using § 4.115 Nephritis which says:

that nephritis has close interrelationships with cardiovascular disabilities. If, however, absence of a kidney is the sole renal disability, even if removal was required because of nephritis, the absent kidney and any hypertension or heart disease will be separately rated. Also, in the event that chronic renal disease has progressed to the point where regular dialysis is required, any coexisting hypertension or heart disease will be separately rated.

So unless you are absent a kidney or you require regular dialysis the close interrelationship of your condition and the hypertension would violate the pyramiding clause contained in 4.14.

bottom line is that unless you can get a doc to break it apart for you and can get the VA to accept his opinion eventhough it may be outside the accepted norm (4.115) then I can not see a seperate rating.

Just my guess!

• HadIt.com Elder

Betrayed, ask for the Hypertensionto be rated as a seperate disability as it most likely caused your heart disease. Under that criteria for heart disease, Hypertension is to be rated separatly.

Just get a doc to write an opinion about your HTN.

I have had several family members who suffered from nephritis. One of the major symptoms is a person gets irritable at the snap of a finger.People also have severe episodes of elevated blood pressure. many patients suffer strokes from this disease.