Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Id Cards

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Are the Military ID cards for 100% sc veteran, the same as a retired military ID card? Can a 100% veteran use all facilities on base such as...bowling, theater, veternarians for your pets, pharmacy & etc..., or is there limitations?

Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

To the best of my limited knowledge--No -- the normal 100% VA SC vet is entitled to commissary, exchange, and MWR only. Other additional access may be dependent upon local regs or practice. I.E. club membership. There are two cards that have been issued form 1173, and 2765. When an 1173 expires, it is supposedly replaced with the 2765. A 2765 may also be issued to the veteran's spouse or dependents. I used to carry a 2765 as a civilian that had "self" in the Sponsor entry.

Are the Military ID cards for 100% sc veteran, the same as a retired military ID card? Can a 100% veteran use all facilities on base such as...bowling, theater, veternarians for your pets, pharmacy & etc..., or is there limitations?

Thanks

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

disabled vets get the orange/brown card (dependents) card it says DAVPRM and your rank you can use all base activities except the hospital and pharmacy since we get treatment from the VA and no your wife and kids can't use it either they have to be eligible for CHAMPVA and you can't use the SC card for Space A flights either have to be ative duty or retired

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."