Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

While I Am At It...pscyh Help Please

Rate this question

tec

Question

Tues I also have appt with a psychiatrist to evaluate me for depression/anxiety and minor PTSd...the depressions/anx. is secondary to current disabilities and from not ever "civialianizing". My current psychologist diagnosed me with depression/anxiety for the never civilianizing and secondary also because of my current ortho disabilities and outlook, passive ideologies, and some PTSD.

I have a letter with that from her. The psychiatrist i am seeing is a civilian out town subcontracted to QTC. I will show her that letter, will it help? My psychologist also said to tell her that since having to retire, my depression and mood probs have intensified as I used the work to run from the probs.

But she also a year ago did the tests of concentration, memory and such and I passed but i was on meds then and was working.

Should I use this letter? Advice? Any references to study so I can prepare as i have never dealt with the psych realm before. How hard is it to make one of theirs see that your depression is partially secondary to the service conditions? I read a lot about GAF scores and saw a chart....I see some of mine on there in different places...but don't understand. I have "passive" suicidal ideologies, but on the chart there is only one-suicidal ideologies.....so where does the passive part fall? All I know is that if given the chance to die without me doing it I would take it in a heartbeat. death has as much attraction to me as life,

But anyway, any reading I can do, or advice on how to deal with one of their psychiatrists and get the conditions across? thanks...t

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

well i just happened to look at a letter that my psychologist did and the diagnosises and she put a gaf of 50..i did not even realize that was there...

but she and the psychiatrists i will see tomorrow know each other and respect each other, my psychologist said I should not have to worry too much about proving as her diagnosis should stand well.

I can post what I have written as far as symptoms and how i feel if anyone cares to read it..will give it to shrink tomorrow....

Carlie, that one statement in your post , if it is secondary then will be considered as same as the disabiliy, is that true with all? i.e. my right knee and ankles are residuals of the left knee so is that all just one? thanks..t

hi Fla.

Please forgive me, but I am new to the mental portion of all this and have no idea of what you mean? what is a DSM4?

My diagnosis is depression/anxiety secondary to sc condtions w/ passive suicidal ideations, some symptoms of PTSD. So What does that mean in conjunction with what you said? thanks..t

this is a civilian psych, so i will definitely give her the diagnosis letter from my psychologist, and a 4 page letter I wrote of how it points to each thing tho..t

I know this is just copy & paste but I think it might be helpful reading material for your claim and maybe help some other vets too.

Good luck,

carlie

major depression

A clinical syndrome that includes a persistent sad mood or loss of interest in activities tha§ 4.125 Diagnosis of mental disorders.

(a) If the diagnosis of a mental disorder does not conform to DSM-IV or is not supported by the findings on the examination report, the rating agency shall return the report to the examiner to substantiate the diagnosis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, Right !!!

Yea I'm a sinic, at least where the VARO is concerned.

RR a.k.a. Jim ;)

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?