Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

sbrewer did you know you get paid the month after. i.e they determine I/U lets say backdated to March 2........your first payment would start april 1.....not march......do you understand?

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep you get paid one month behind. I thought the same thing and than I remembered when I got back pay for 4 months and it was only 3.

Just think of all the money the VA saves keeping an extra month in their pockets.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Yes, I knew that. The award letter says "70% effective date Jan 24" with payment start date Feb1 and "100 IU effective Feb 14" with payment start date Mar1...so they paid 4109 which if we calculated correctly should have been 5938 which is one month short. Is it because we're in the month of May still?

sbrewer

• HadIt.com Elder

Request an audit of the back pay and effective date.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

sbrewer,

You should have received one month at 70% (for February) and two months of 100% (March and April). May is payed out on June 1. The amount is dependent on how many dependents are factored in.

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

Vike,

From what the letter said, I thought that the 70%(which went into effect Jan.24) would be paid Feb1 and the 100%(which went into effect Feb.14)would be paid Mar.1, which would make the 100% payment for Mar.1, Apr1, and May1. Is this not correct?

sbrewer