Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So Just Told Me Today That Pva, Dav, Etc

Rate this question

kris

Question

My SO just told me today they just got memo's saying that they are to check Soldiers SMRS 45 days before getting out of the military and decide if there is any thing that they can be service connected for. He also said at this rate that my claims probley would not even be looked at for 3 o 4 years.

Has anybody heard anything like this. And he was very serious. He also said that this memo went out to all the service orgs.

Kris

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well anything is possible but it sounds like the St Louis fire to me. My experience with VA in Waco since December has been good much better than first time around.

My SO just told me today they just got memo's saying that they are to check Soldiers SMRS 45 days before getting out of the military and decide if there is any thing that they can be service connected for. He also said at this rate that my claims probley would not even be looked at for 3 o 4 years.

Has anybody heard anything like this. And he was very serious. He also said that this memo went out to all the service orgs.

Kris

I'm sure that they are receiving guidance from their own higher-ups comparable and compatible with what is being given from the big wigs at VA. But I would not put too much stock in his assessment of how long your claim will take. I'm sure he/she is just as frustrated as the rest of us about the prioritizing of claims for vets just getting out of service and those that have not even been discharged from service.