Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form 9

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

I had my wife drop off my 16 appeals at the local VARO today, they gave her Form 9, for me to fill out. Just wondering is it to my advantage or dis-advatage to have a BVA hearing at my local VA, or would it be better, to send it right off to the BVA in Washington, and if you have the local and lose the appeal, can you still send it to Washington, or is that part of the process done? In all my denials the VA states that according to my medical records, their is no record of this disability happening while in the service, what I can't figure out, they tell me their is no in-service medical files after basic training, so how can they say their is no proof in my records, when their is records to prove anything one way or another, don't they go by benefit of doubt, when records are lost, especially if you have been in a combat zone.

On one denial for my back condition they state that I went to the Doctor in basic training for pain coming from back, going down both legs, then they state that the pain is on account of my flat feet, not my back, and I have a copy of that report, and it says nothing like that in the Doctor notes, it is a outright lie, but to get someone honest to read the report, is a whole different story.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that it takes them even longer to schedule a BVA Hearing locally so if it were me I would send it to DC. If you win it will be sent back to your RO anyway.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I think that it takes them even longer to schedule a BVA Hearing locally so if it were me I would send it to DC. If you win it will be sent back to your RO anyway.

Good Luck

Pete

sounds like a good plan, I will do it that way then. thanks......

Frosty69

Quick question for you. Are you SC for Flat feet? I guy I work with is 30 percent for flat feet. If you are not SC for it apply because the VA says you have it. Good Luck

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

I am service connected 30% for flat feet it was the easiest claim I had with the VA.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete

My easist claim was sleep apena wham bam 50 percent. Yet the fight us on the small stuff.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Frosty69

Quick question for you. Are you SC for Flat feet? I guy I work with is 30 percent for flat feet. If you are not SC for it apply because the VA says you have it. Good Luck

Jim

nope not sc for flat feet, but have applied and been turned down, now on appeal, mine are pre service, and he va claimed it wasn't aggravated by military service, but I know they were, but hard to prove, when the ro don't look at the medical records.