VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice Needed

ronn

Trying to fix my daugters computer. It can lockup on the web,with nothing running in the back ground. When it's not locked up it has a lot of popups, even when popup blocker is on high! Sometimes it will take away the? preventing typing in the message box ! It has no virus program that i can find.I'm willing to spend a few dollars on software to make this a good machine on the internet! I have no idea of what to buy.

It's an HP unit, running win XP,IE7

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mamm , I have. Also ran a defrag. This machine is slow.

When i press the three buttons on the key boardto see what programs are running, there is a tab for processes. there is a lot there that i have no idea what are.

For got to mention,internet service provider is roadrunner. Right now my dialup is faster.

Did notice that maint had not been done in a while! This is a high dollar machine when new !

Does highspeed use a cache ?

ronn,

Have you done any PM on it ? Cleared Cache, deleted browing history and cookies ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Trying to fix my daugters computer. It can lockup on the web,with nothing running in the back ground. When it's not locked up it has a lot of popups, even when popup blocker is on high! Sometimes it will take away the? preventing typing in the message box ! It has no virus program that i can find.I'm willing to spend a few dollars on software to make this a good machine on the internet! I have no idea of what to buy.

It's an HP unit, running win XP,IE7

Dollar to a donut she has a virus. Google AVG Virus and download and use a great free program.

Its also possible that to weed it out you might have to use a restore program and start over again.

Good Luck

Sounds like a virus to me - We use NOD - they have a 30 day trial and then about 30-39 bucks a year after that. Nod 32 Clean out your internet files and cookies and your temp folder. Alot of times viruses run from you Temp folder. You can also go under MSCONFIG - STARTUP and uncheck any programs in there - restart then run your antivirus. Worse case scenario is it's mucking up your registry - I don't recommend editing it unless you know 100% what your doing. Need to find the virus first. NOD can be run from safe mode as well.