• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

Hadit - Berta & Viking 17.

Excuse my lack of protocal.

In addition I was told I had alcohol problems. Go figure.

I had my c&p hearing - this is the results:

Axis I: PTSD with secondary major depression.

Axis: II: None identified.

Axis III: Disabetes, broken knuckle, depression, PTSD, plulmonary, cardica, catraracts, HTN, Neuropathy, ED.

Axis IV: strained relationship eith oldest son who has drug and financial problems: indadequate social support: health problems: recently moved and trying to sell old home.

Axis V: Current GAF = 50 - 55 due to PTSD (periods of suiciadla ideatioj or thougts of death, depressed , isolared, flat affect, occasional panic attack, has only one friend but rarely interacts with him, difficulty concentrating, difficulty sleeping w/o medication, anxiety).

I'm not asking a question - just wanted to know what ya'll think.

Jerry O.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Jerry- I assume your 60% now is due to the DMII and its complications due to AO in Vietnam?

I wonder if that is correct %as I would think the cataracts ,HTN,cardio problems and the

neuropathy are secondary to the DMII-

However this was for the PTSD claim?

What I see here is the diagnosis you need and it appears this could bring you into a scenario where the VA will consider you for TDIU -or is this due to you filing the TDIU form yourself?

What I dont see if the nexus statement from the doctor as to whether your PTSD is -in the doc's opinion -due to your service in Vietnam.

That is critical to your PTSD claim.

Also have you provided the VA with sufficient information on the stressor that will help them verify it through JSCURR?

Or has the SSA granted you SSA for PTSD?

Even with a more than likely statement from a VA doc- only if the doc served with you in your unit at time of stressor will VA accept this as proof of stressor unless there are significant combat awards such as PH on your DD 214.

By the way -how is the VA rating the cataracts?

Can the cataract condition be stopped from advancing with laser surgery-

Also are they give you correct rating for the heart problems?

They certainly might have the rating correct-but have these conditions gotten worse since they awarded the 60%

If your SC disabilities prevent you from working- I would think they will consider and hopefully will grant you TDIU from what I see here.The PTSD-in my opinion -would be rated enough to get you up to 70% and then VA would consider TDIU.

One cannot really predict what they will do or even how the PTSD will be rated.

I think this C & P is positive for you but the nexus statement must be in it.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

JerryO,

It's hard to tell what your evaluation would be without being able to read the entire C&P exam. The VA doesn't assign a percentage just based off of the Axis I though V diagnosis.

Vike 17

I was 30% PTSD with DMII 20% and Tinitus and Vitilligo equalling 60%. I asked for a reevaluation based on my most recent volunteer tour in D.C. where I worked in casuality and mortuary affairs.

Plus they had my general medical at the same time where they evaluated both heart attacks and subsequent stint replacement in May 05 (while on active duty) and triple bypass last month (31 May).

I don't know how they will connect my heart problems PTSD or DMII or the other maladies HTN, Neuropathym ED, Major Depression. The doctor wrote PTSD with secondary Major Depression.

Did you have your heart surgery (stent bypass) before being diagnosed with DB2? If so might be tough to get that as secondary to DB2 but if you were still in service should be SC anyhow. Right?

Stillhere

Yes, I had my stint replacement before DB2 while on active duty. I'm hoping to have it connected to PTSD.