Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stress Test

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

Checked the automated system and found out that I am scheduled for a stress test, (my first).

The doc decided after I had complained of chest pains and they did an EKG on me at the clinic that I might have Plurasey.

So after xrays and no plurasey scheduled me for PFT 72 before treatment and only picked up 18 after treatment.

Learned that the first visit in late April heart rate only 56. Not bad for a 30 year old athlete but for a fifty eight old fat man?

Then June 25 at next appointment the nurse took my blood pressure and said it was high. I asked what my heart rate was and she told me 53- she changed cuffs took my blood pressure again and said it was better, asked again what my heart rate was and she said 49 hot dogs.

So doc says I need a STRESS TEST. Since bothlegs and feet are messed up he said they would do a chenical stress.

Like I said only 4 weeks and 1 days to get a stress test.

What to expect never done or seen one done. Am going to Truman in Columbia MO. Have been told they do a lot of heart work there and that they were pretty good.

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
HQ Marine Security Guard School
Great Lakes Brig - Corrections
11/69 - 3/70
Semper Fi Everything stays the same until it changes

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

A chemical stress test involves using a radioactive isotope such as thallium. It is injected into your arm and you wait for a an hour. Then they put you under a scanner to scan your heart. After that they inject you with a medicine that causes the heart to race. Once they reach a certain level, maybe 130, then they give you a shot and slow it down and you are placed back on the scanner.

I hope all goes well. If they find sometiing, they most likely will do a heart echo and cath.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks guys,

I was a little worried, my brother -in-law went in a civilian hospital just before xmas last year to have a stint installed.

They lost the stint and he is no longer with us.

So I am a little apprehensive about some one messing with my heart functions.

Maybe I wont worry so much.

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
HQ Marine Security Guard School
Great Lakes Brig - Corrections
11/69 - 3/70
Semper Fi Everything stays the same until it changes

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had 13 caths 2 stints a failed triple bypass and can't count the nuclear stress tests they are the easiest of all of them, be glad they aren't putting you on the treadmill for the big stress tests that steep grade will kill ya they quit doing those on me back in 1994 at age 39, the VA does have some great heart docs I know I was seeing the same one at MCG for 12 dollars a visit BC/BS copay and the VA was charging me 25 guess what hospital I saw him at? same doc worked at both places why pay 25 when I paid 12 at MCG take a book you will be there awhile if I remember right there is like a 45 minute to hour wait in between the IV and the scans

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Guest jangrin

When Chuckles went for the nuclear stress test, it was performed over a two day period. First day he went in and was there about 2 hours. Then they sent him home and he returned the next day and was there about an hour and a half.

Not sure why the two days but they paid for stay and travel for the test. Everything went OK, fairly easy according to Chuckles.

sorry to hear about you brother-in-law that is scarey. I have had two cardio caths, two stents, one heart attack with damage and scheduled for another cardio stress in September. I just keep going and they keep pokkin!

Stillhere

Edited by stillhere