Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doctor

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

John seen his VA Doctor for the first time the other day, I was just PSSSed on how he repersented himself. first he called us in 20 minutes late, We walked in and he said what can I do for you today. We looked at him and said you guys where the one's who set up the appointment. He never looked at John's records, He did not want to take time in discussing John's problem. I had two pages of problems listed down to discuss with him and he said Mrs.xxxx I only have 30 minutes. I said look you are going to be his primary doctor from now on I would think you would want to know what's going on with him. I tried to discuss about two Insurance disability papers that needed to be filled out every 6 months and he didn't want to discuss that and said for what. He did not even know John was 100% SC P&T and on SSD. and didn't even care. Again I stressed to him that he is John's primary Doctor, I was so psssed I just about walked out. I wanted to talk to him on what one of the C&P Doctors wrote down about cardiovascular componet with blood pressure drop and he said I don't know, you have to ask him. when we left, I left the file that I had put together and two days later got a call that he was reading the file and is scheduling John a stress test. Is this what we have to go through every time he see's a doctor? So far all of the C&P Doctors John has seen where very nice , nothing like this one. Is this what I am going to have to go through if John gets very sick? have any of you experienced this and what did you do about it? To my idea he was very rude and did not care, we did not even get to ask him about John getting a Glouclose kit for his diabetes. Because so far he has been using mine.

JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You should write a letter to the Director of the Medical Center or to the Chief of Staff if they have one- stating this complaint.

If a vet or a spouse asks a VA doctor a medical question- they should receive an answer.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Dianne--I would go into your VAMC & talk to your patient advocate. You might want to call first and see if you need to make an appointment. We had a conflict several years back with a primary care doc, complained to the advocate, voila, new doc. We've had to use an advocate several times over the years, always with a good result.

Teresa

Dianne--I would go into your VAMC & talk to your patient advocate. You might want to call first and see if you need to make an appointment. We had a conflict several years back with a primary care doc, complained to the advocate, voila, new doc. We've had to use an advocate several times over the years, always with a good result.

Teresa

I ditto Teresa. Patient Advocates (PAO) do seem to get note worthy results. I just wanted to add that the PAO at the VAMC I am seen at has an open door policy. You can actually go see a PA rep as a walk-in. Of course, each VAMC obviously has a different protocol. But it can't hurt to try going in as a walk-in, especially if you need immediate service/attention.

Thanks for all your replys, I printed it out and let John read it, He said You can tell that they are all over worked by just looking at all the people getting lab work done. So We will give him one more chance and if he acts the same way we will take all of your advise and submit a complaint.

Thanks JohnM's Wife Dianne

In my very recent past, a VA doctor told me that the private sector is where I should be seeking medical care because the VA employees are not allowed to prescribe my medications. DUH.

For years now, I have only gone to VA appointments so that they could see that I had not died yet or to verify that they would not treat my ills.

My other half is afraid they will cut off my disability money if I don't show up for appointments.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com