Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw "contract" Psych At Vamc Cnp For Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

Johnny K.

Question

81. What if I did not serve in combat?

For veterans who did not serve in combat, the VA requires independent credible proof that a stressor actually occurred. It will give you a questionnaire to describe stressors to which you were exposed, and you should spend some time making this as complete as possible, including dates wherever available. It will go to military historians to search for unit histories, which are rarely helpful unless you can narrow the stressor down to ten days or so. Other types of independent proof could include “buddy” statements, contemporary letters home and newspaper accounts.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate when people, such as nugent, misrepresent *facts*. Personal views and opinions are the spice of life, but when someone misuses a fact to make a "belief" sound as if it's true, I tend to get upset:-)

As for your hearing - The VA is just like a criminal defense; you need to have more proof than they do. You just need to get every piece of evidence you can that shows a "stressor" and present it within the scope of the VA regulations.

You can learn a lot by reading past BVA hearings and the VA regs....use their regulations and words against them and be prepared for the typical BS they will no doubt throw at you.

It's hard to get much more specific then that without more detail.....