Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

After talking with my RO I was told my CAD and 100% Temp or Permanent is being deferred. I replied that I never asked for IU. The response I received was, "We have your deferrals and are working on them at this time. No decision has been made. The reason you were looked at for individual unemployability is that your disabilities may keep you from working. Therefore, we consider you for that." This was Jul 23.

I called the toll free number to ask where my claim/deferment is. Nobody knows, or at least no one I talked with. C&P in Kansas City doesn't know.

I was told RO may expidite this as my wife is going in for radical mascetomy the middle of August and will quit work shortly after, (using all sick and normal leave first).

Bottom line it's getting crunch time - any suggestions on how I can get some action on this?

Thanks - Jerry

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

hey Jerry, I am about in the same boat heart wise as you so wish you all the best. I have been faced with financial issue in the past also while waiting for the VA to grant and back pay, what I have found is that if I take out a loan to ease the load and pay it when the VA pays me. It has worked pretty good and has not really cost me that much and has helped the stress factor immensly.

Trying to push the VA and getting them to think outside the box is almost next to impossible.

Good Luck! Stillhere

Thanks Vet - it's just trying with everything going on. I appreciate your concern

• HadIt.com Elder

Jerry, you can write a letter to the RO and ask them to expedite the decision in your claim for a delay will put you into a severe financial hardship. They are usually pretty good about things like that. If that does not work, contact your congressman.

John