Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Avandamet

Rate this topic

Good morning,

Is anyone using Avandamet for there DM II? Have been on it for 4 months now just wondering with all this crap with Avandia maybe I should ask doc to switch me to regular metaformin.

Thanks

Boats

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If I am right avandamet is a combo med of Metformin and Avandia.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete,

Yes it is that is why I am concerned with my heart problems already and one MI, but my cardiologist and internal med Doc both say its benifits outweigh risks...hmmmm there the experts right...??? I hope maybe they want to lighten there case load...LOL

Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats:

I quit taking Avandia after my Doc canceled my prescription. I am still trying to get blood sugar balanced it is very hard when you do it cold turkey. I know that this is not an answer just more questions but I am pretty sure that there must be other meds that can work as well as Avandia?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest terrysturgis

I am now on 8mg of Advandia and 1000mg of Metformin and my numbers are good. I asked my doctor if I would ever need to go to insulin shots. His truthful answer was, yes. I hate needles.

My VA doctor told me that I can not get Advandia through the VA pharmacy. As of now I am using my wife's school employee insurance to get my scripts.

Pete, are you on any alternative DMII medications? How can you quit taking Advandia and control your DMII?

Take care. Terry Sturgis