Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yep It's Doable 100 % P & T :))

Rate this topic

luv2fly

Hello everyone! Received my award letter 3 Nov for 100% P/T due to PTSD. Prior to this award i had a combined rating of 60% i.e. 50% PTSD - 10% Tinnitus. In the interim before the 100% P/T award i gathered additional 'evidence' for the VA to feast on to the point where it became a no-brainer even for the dimmest person handling my claim. My RO's in St. Pete. My first POA (American Legion) i had a very good rep but he moved on while my claim was being processed and i got a dud for a rep so i switched my POA to the VFW at the advice of my SO. As luck would have it i got a very concientious rep. That's what anyone should look for of course - easier said than done i'm afraid. Over the past 3 years i really educated myself about VA regs and 38 CFR as well as talking to many reps at RO's and SO's.But for me,in the end it seemed to come down to gathering all needed evidence,writing a cogent/compelling "Statement In Support Of Claim",etc. Good Luck to all on their VA journey! David

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest phubai70

luv2fly - always great to hear a success story.

knowledge of the regs - 38 CFR - prior to or early

on in the claim process makes all the difference.

again congrats..............

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone! Received my award letter 3 Nov for 100% P/T due to PTSD. Prior to this award i had a combined rating of 60% i.e. 50% PTSD - 10% Tinnitus. In the interim before the 100% P/T award i gathered additional 'evidence' for the VA to feast on to the point where it became a no-brainer even for the dimmest person handling my claim. My RO's in St. Pete. My first POA (American Legion) i had a very good rep but he moved on while my claim was being processed and i got a dud for a rep so i switched my POA to the VFW at the advice of my SO. As luck would have it i got a very concientious rep. That's what anyone should look for of course - easier said than done i'm afraid. Over the past 3 years i really educated myself about VA regs and 38 CFR as well as talking to many reps at RO's and SO's.But for me,in the end it seemed to come down to gathering all needed evidence,writing a cogent/compelling "Statement In Support Of Claim",etc. Good Luck to all on their VA journey! David

David,

I too am 100% ( 50% PTSD and 10 % Tinnitus ), awarded 100% based upon IU. I was woundering what other evidence you submitted to get 100% P/T. The P/T award makes a difference to me and my family, ie ..education benifits for my kids, medical coverage for my wife. Thought perhaps you could help out.

Thanks,

Tanker31

Hi.....i posted a sorta general answer to your question here on the board for other vets to read but if you have any specifics and i can help please don't hesitate to contact me.

David

David,

I too am 100% ( 50% PTSD and 10 % Tinnitus ), awarded 100% based upon IU. I was woundering what other evidence you submitted to get 100% P/T. The P/T award makes a difference to me and my family, ie ..education benifits for my kids, medical coverage for my wife. Thought perhaps you could help out.

Thanks,

Tanker31

Damn, I need to move, I live in Virginia, and I'm 50% for PTSD, 30% for sciatic nerve issues 10% for DDD, 10% for another ddd in a different section, and 10% for tinnunitis. I'm currently rated at 70% and they didn't even consider IU definitely not TDIU.

Man I must be a freaking idiot.

• HadIt.com Elder

10thFO

You are going to have to officially request TDIU. The VA just thinks they can snow you and that you will go away. If you are 70% you are entitiled to be considered for TDIU.