Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid & Attendence

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I have been helping a veteran with his claim for A&A. He received his award letter today stating that he had been granted A&A, however there was no award amount or any regards to the retro date. I have never seen anything like this.

He has a call in to the VARO, however but he could not get a decent answer. I contacted our RO and ask a simmuliar question, and I got that he will be receiveing his award amount in another letter that might take 30 days to receive. He informed me that is how the VA are doing things now.

This vet has 7 dependents and currently gets around $3,800.00 per month. He is rated at 100% Loss of use of both feet plus SMC for other issues. This veteran is having panic attacks over this issue. Can anyone help me figure his amount so his mind can be put to ease? Thank you all so much. God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

He should get an additional 295 a month and may be eligible for other stuff. This is a tricky area and I think the guy who knows it best is Rich T.

Thanks for helping a Veteran

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Greetings,

I have been helping a veteran with his claim for A&A. He received his award letter today stating that he had been granted A&A, however there was no award amount or any regards to the retro date. I have never seen anything like this.

He has a call in to the VARO, however but he could not get a decent answer. I contacted our RO and ask a simmuliar question, and I got that he will be receiveing his award amount in another letter that might take 30 days to receive. He informed me that is how the VA are doing things now.

This vet has 7 dependents and currently gets around $3,800.00 per month. He is rated at 100% Loss of use of both feet plus SMC for other issues. This veteran is having panic attacks over this issue. Can anyone help me figure his amount so his mind can be put to ease? Thank you all so much. God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

Hello Bound4Heaven:

I am trying to get my brother to start a claim for aid & attendence.

He is receiving NSC pension.

What do i need to do to get this started??

Do i make an appointment for him at the VA and tell the Dr that we need a statement from him as to his current conditions and being unable to care for himself or take care of his own needs?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jessie I had my Doc at the VA fill out the form and I mailed it in and asked for it. Before I knew it I had a C&P Exam and in under 4 months the money was in the bank I only got 3 months retro.

It was as simple as that. I got the form from my SO at the VA Hospital dropped it off and the Doc mailed it to me a week later.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Jessie I had my Doc at the VA fill out the form and I mailed it in and asked for it. Before I knew it I had a C&P Exam and in under 4 months the money was in the bank I only got 3 months retro.

It was as simple as that. I got the form from my SO at the VA Hospital dropped it off and the Doc mailed it to me a week later.

Thanks Pete53;

Gee, Didn't figure it to be that simple!!! Could have blown me over :huh:

Jessie