Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

800 Number Call

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I called the 800# yesterday trying to find out the status of my claim started April 2nd, 07. The lady I spoke to walked me through screen by screen she was looking at. Claim started april 2nd, c&p requested june, c&p preformed july 2nd, report received and now at raters August 10th. Don't know if she was BSing me or not but I was kind of dumb founded. er speechless! She said should have an answer in 60 days and check 15 days after that if approved. Any one been through that with VA?

OH yea anything else I can help you with?

Stillhere

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Stillhere,

This is exactally what I have had to me also on a few occaasions. You will get different answers everytime you call. It depends on who answers. Like you said, dumbfounded or speechless. I think that they want you to be that way to get you off the phone faster, just my opinion. Actually, I think it is great that they want to give you the details. Just wait a few weeks a give them a call back. I usually waited about 3-4 weeks then called to get a status.

Good luck to you,

Tamara

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

Update on this claim for increase I started on April 2nd 07 just got this email response back after waiting 10 days for a reply:

Your claim is at the rating board for a decision. We anticipate the board should make its determination within 60 days. If you wish an update in the status of your case, send us another e-mail about your claim after 12/13/07.

Now they (the VA) is telling us not to bother them I guess!

Good luck on all your claims.

Stillhere

By the way as you can see I was told by the person on the 800 call in August the 10th that it was at the rater. What are they doing playing basketball with it :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

Well first of all you don't have to do anything that they tell you. Do what you thing is right.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Stillhere,

It's like Pete said, do what you think is right. I usually call about once a month, give or take a few days, depending on how I feel, or what is going on, just to ask the status of my claim and keep notes on it. I just don't call too often, but that is my own opinion and if you think you need to check more or less, then do so. It is your right. Just remember the good 'ol military saying, "hurry up and wait". That saying never seems to go away.

Good luck to you.

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1995 when my claims was full of cobwebs I called them SOB'S every week and sometimes twice the same day if I did not like the answer.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.