Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Achilles Tendon

Rate this question

Question

I have a ? about the Achilles tendon, is the Achilles tendon for rating purposes, a part of the ankle, foot or the leg? I need to know for a secondary clam where the bone spurs on my heels rub on my Achilles tendon causing a lot of pain and makes it hard to walk at times, on my right and left heels. I am service contected on both ankles at this time. Also if any one can tell me about a secondary clam on IBS for the medication I take for a service connected back problem, the medication causes the IBS.

Thanks Ken

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If you take any SC med that causes another side affect or condition that is ratable- by all means claim the condition as secondary to the med.

In your case use the printouts of the side affects that could cause IBS from the VA med packet- I assume they still put the side affect info with the meds- and also any good web site can help you support this also.

"Achilles tendon" produced 4,123 hits at the BVA web site- I dont have time to read any- but I do suggest that-this could possibly be a secondary condition due to the SC ankles- or you could claim (I would raise both potential issues in the claim- that if not secondary -the achilles tendon is aggravated by the SC ankle condition.

If you can get a medical opinion to support either secondary or SC by aggravation-you have basis for a good claim-as I assume the bones spurs are part of the ankle SC disability.

I am not a doctor- I am just using logic here but a good medical opinion could provide the link you need.

Thanks for the help and the answer, I was just trying to see which part of the body the VA said the Achilles tendon was in. I will look where you adv. me to thanks again for the help.

Thank Ken